MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter GCSM Movies & Television 56 09-12-2011 05:50 PM
Harry Potter & the D.H. Scuderia Movies & Television 50 11-22-2010 12:42 AM
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter DH: Reactions

Old 07-15-2011 at 09:40 PM   #1
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

Harry Potter DH: Reactions
So who watched it? How did you find it? I watched it this morning and it was fairly good. But as always, I took the HP movie experience as something different than the reading experience.

Also, the Voldy hugging scene was pretty funny.

DMe3 likes this.
Old 07-15-2011 at 10:47 PM   #2
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

I watched it last night and thought it was really good.

I agree that the Voldemort hugging scene (I'm presuming the one with Draco) was funny.

One thing that somewhat negatively affected my experience were the people who started crying when they saw Fred was dead and didn't stop for the rest of the movie. I get that it was sad but I expected that most people would have read the books and been ready for it. I guess some people were just more emotionally invested in the universe than I was.

All in all, a good experience and a well-made final film.
Old 07-15-2011 at 11:48 PM   #3
mally

Liked: 4 Times

I liked the movie...snape's memories were beyond my expectations. The scene was really well performed and filmed because it actually gave the idea of how much Snape has lost to this battle between good and bad. I didn't like the lack of screen time for many of the important characters but then again one can't put the entire book in a movie. And yes the hugging scene was pretty funny
Old 07-15-2011 at 11:52 PM   #4
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

There were so many hilarious scenes, Neville being chased down the bridge, McGonagall "I wasn't supposed to use that spell" to mention a few

The scene where Neville cuts of Nagini's head was EPIC

And kudos to Alan Rickman, he PERFECTLY showed Snape's more vulnerable and emotional side
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:06 AM   #5
UlteriorMtve

Liked: 199 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn View Post
There were so many hilarious scenes, Neville being chased down the bridge, McGonagall "I wasn't supposed to use that spell" to mention a few

The scene where Neville cuts of Nagini's head was EPIC

And kudos to Alan Rickman, he PERFECTLY showed Snape's more vulnerable and emotional side
Didn't McGonagall say "I've always wanted to use that spell" ?

xxsumz says thanks to UlteriorMtve for this post.

DMe3, Dopematic, gmoney, IqzFendi like this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:22 AM   #6
MichaelScarn
Elite Member

Liked: 161 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by UlteriorMtve View Post
Didn't McGonagall say "I've always wanted to use that spell" ?
Oh seriously? I heard "I wasn't supposed to use that spell", dunno though
Old 07-16-2011 at 12:25 AM   #7
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I liked it, wrapped everything up well.

Also liked Molly taking out Bellatrix. Was sad to see her go though. Just watch her when she's in the background, even the way she walks and listens to whatever Voldy happens to be saying is just wow, lol.

Wish the final Harry vs Voldy had spectators like in the book, also wish I could have heard them say the spells, instead of just watching it over music. I -did- like how they had Voldy reacting to the Horcruxes, unlike in the book. It made the final fight much more believable, considering the other six movies we've been hearing about how powerful he is.

Did I mention the DE smoke thing is the coolest spell in the series? Essp when they combine it with Avada jets...

Luna was pleasantly ridiculous as always. Neville's become such a beast since the first movie lol (a nice nod to bookreaders - he could had been the one, after all). McGongall got one of the better lines, lol (They way she almost squeals "I've always been wanting to use that spell!"). Also, Snape got his moment <<3 he's got the most depth in the whole series.

Voldy hugging Draco was lulz (I smell a meme... EDIT: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/draco-voldemort-hug). The Tonks/Lupin almost touching hand thing was odd - I was thinking "just take a step to the left" lol

I watched it at midnight. People cheered a lot twice: once for Molly and once for R/H in the Chamber.

Last edited by britb : 07-16-2011 at 03:13 AM.

DMe3 likes this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:12 PM   #8
Fengatron

Liked: 6 Times

Quite horrible actually, glad I didn't go for the 3D(lol the lineups...). I personally find the harry potter movies following a downward trend, and frankly as I was watching part 2 last night, I hardly remember what happened in part 1, and it was so long ago since I read the book(glad I had a Potter-maniac friend sitting close by to explain details). I'd rather see an epic ending 4 hour movie than 2 installments. And of course, part 2 didn't start with the epic Harry Potter theme music!!

Bright spot: Those funny moments did make me laugh
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:34 PM   #9
doppelganger

Liked: 65 Times

I recently read that Snape was voted favourite character of HP series. I wholeheartedly agree!!

His memory scene almost had me tearing-up.

DMe3, IqzFendi, ThagsanaR like this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:55 PM   #10
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fengatron View Post
Quite horrible actually, glad I didn't go for the 3D(lol the lineups...). I personally find the harry potter movies following a downward trend, and frankly as I was watching part 2 last night, I hardly remember what happened in part 1, and it was so long ago since I read the book(glad I had a Potter-maniac friend sitting close by to explain details). I'd rather see an epic ending 4 hour movie than 2 installments. And of course, part 2 didn't start with the epic Harry Potter theme music!!

Bright spot: Those funny moments did make me laugh
That is one of the most annoying things you can do in a movie theatre. Even if people don't understand what you're saying, the noise is annoying. So STFU or GTFO.

DMe3, dreamer21 like this.
Old 07-16-2011 at 01:57 PM   #11
PhilM

Liked: 148 Times

It was good, much better than Part 1. The beginning of Snape's memory (when he and Lily are kids) was a let down but the rest of his memories was fine.

Also, women don't age much from 18 to 37 years old.
Old 07-17-2011 at 03:08 PM   #12
epikness

Liked: 37 Times

loved the "19 years later" part....nice way to wrap up the movie...
voldemort hug scenes =
Old 07-17-2011
Desda
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-17-2011 at 09:33 PM   #13
AlexBatt

Liked: 62 Times

it was the best movie of the series
Old 07-17-2011 at 09:52 PM   #14
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Time to watch all the movies and go see this at the theater, I suppose?

traveler10 likes this.