MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harry Potter GCSM Movies & Television 56 09-12-2011 05:50 PM
Harry Potter & the D.H. Scuderia Movies & Television 50 11-22-2010 12:42 AM
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter DH: Reactions

Old 07-17-2011 at 09:57 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Time to watch all the movies and go see this at the theater, I suppose?
That's my plan too. Haven't seen the 6th or the 7th part one either.

traveler10 likes this.
Old 07-17-2011 at 10:12 PM   #17
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Absolutely.... terrible.
Old 07-17-2011 at 10:29 PM   #18
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

I liked it. A lot better than part 1 imo
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:41 PM   #19
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

I loveddddd it! I especially loved when McGonagall attacked Snape. She was one BAMF. I love when Ms. Weasly killed Bellatrix (even though I liked Bellatrix, it was just too funny. "not my daughter you *****". But the snape memory scenes were the best. im so happy that he was actually a good guy i legit couldnt care less about voldemort and harry potter scenes. everything else was so much better aha
Old 07-17-2011 at 11:58 PM   #20
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Just came back from seeing it and it was great! It was a lot shorter than I expected though but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it can get boring sitting through a terribly long film. I loved the Ron + Hermione kiss!!! I LOLED hard at the voldemort hugging scene and when voldemort announces Harry died and he does a little laugh...too funny. I agree that I would've liked more screen time for some of the characters. The Fred dying part was quick and painless for me, they didn't go in to it too much, thank god cause I'm a cry baby but I got through that one. It stayed true to the book (for the most part) so I was happy.

ALSO the dragon was epic
Old 07-18-2011 at 06:26 AM   #21
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

I LOVED IT!!!! I'm a majorrr HP fan since well...forever, haha. The movie was just amazing, i was not disappointed at all. I think some people are just too hard on it sometimes. Of course the movies can never be as amazing as the books. The way that things can be described in books and the way that us, as readers, can imagine them to be has no limits but movies do have limits so we shouldn't really expect them to have the same effect as the books.

I just wish that in the 19 years later part they showed more of the humour that was in the book like the part where harry's kids asks harry why everyone is staring at him and then ron says "It's me, I'm famous" or something along those lines...was looking forward to that. Nevertheless, it was still great and Albus Severus was soooo adorable!

Oh but Ginny...I never found her that pretty and yeah in the book she's supposed to be way prettier but hey whatever haha.. Daniel and Bonnie just don't have that much chemistry which seems to be the problem whereas Emma and Rupert always have! Since the first movie!

And watching it in 3d made it a million times better!

Harry Potter FTW for life <3 <3 <3
Old 07-19-2011 at 09:00 AM   #22
mel369

Liked: 1 Time

Part 2 definitely lived up to my expectations. I loved how even tho its sad and ppl are dying there are some really comical moments, like when Neville is on the bridge and McGonagall's "I've always wanted to use that spell". Maggie smith is so hilarious, she always gets such good lines
The only thing is i wish snape's memories could have been a bit longer. Snape was really good tho. He was able to be emotional and vulnerable. I also really liked the music, i thought it went really well with the scenes and at times it is so sad yet so beautiful. Overall it was a great ending to such an epic series

IqzFendi likes this.
Old 07-19-2011 at 11:36 AM   #23
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I saw it in IMAX 3D.

It wasn't really that spectacular, though the pre-show thing detailing the IMAX technology and sound system was pretty impressive. There was a gratuitous amount of lasers. While the movie didn't use 3D that well (I only really noticed it when Bellatrix and Voldemort exploded and the pieces of ash floated around), I think the experience is worth going to at least once. I heard DH Part II was only made 3D in post-production, so that's probably why. I'd imagine it to be a lot cooler with a movie like Avatar that was made to be 3D.

About the movie itself: I agree with the above sentiments about the Prince's Tale segment and McGonagall being awesome. I was sort of let down by the last fight though, it just didn't seem as grand as it should have been. Maybe it was because we didn't actually get to hear what spells were being cast so it looked like every spell just blew something up but in different colours.

There was an unfortunate lack of focus on the deaths. Did the movie even mention which twin died? Also I think it'd have been appropriate to have Harry grieve more over Lupin, since he was the only father figure he had left after losing the first three.

Also, the epilogue scene was kind of weird. Hermione looked beautiful (= the same) as a mom and Harry was alright, but I can't say the same for Draco, Ron, or Ginny. =\

"Albus Severus" is a terrible name, but it does give him a nice acronym. Still, I think Harry should have named his kid Sirius B. Potter.

...The "B" stands for "Business".
Old 07-19-2011 at 10:11 PM   #24
waldo92

Liked: 104 Times

it was awesome, but it would've been better if the final Harry/Voldemort duel was done in public (like it was in the books )

and they did the Molly/Bellatrix scene PERFECTLY, it was brilliant, bella even had that mad kind of laughter before she died, same thing sirius did. the actress who played bella was pretty much the best performer in all the movies, imo. she really brought the character to life (well i guess in this movie it would be the opposite, but you know what i mean )
Old 07-25-2011 at 02:11 PM   #25
mannm5

Liked: 0 Times

Epic.
This movie was soooo friggggeennn goood!
Old 07-25-2011 at 03:15 PM   #26
Willmountain
Master and Commander

Liked: 69 Times

I thought it was good. I think there wasn't much left in the plot and it was dragged out just a HAIR, but I'm nitpicking. The point is, these movies went from cheesy kids movies with strange and awkward acting, to a legitimate movie franchise once the kids grew up. I for one pretty much grew up with these books and the movies. It is sad in a way to see it go, but it was a really solid conclusion to the series.

Also, Voldemort hugging Draco was hilarious, I agree.

The only thing I don't understand is people who claimed to be "on the edge of their seat the entire time" and "crying at about 25 scenes." Really? I call B.S.

Anyone else find it hilarious that Harry named his kid Albus Severus Potter? Arguably the most ridiculous sounding name. Doesn't even roll of the tongue nicely.
Old 07-26-2011 at 03:40 PM   #27
luxhydrus

Liked: 0 Times

too much b.s. , Snape with too much make up....

Voldemort scenes were well done.
Old 07-26-2011 at 04:20 PM   #28
Kailoli

Liked: 10 Times

It was...alriiight. I mean, it's pretty decent but it wasn't my favourite Harry Potter film. I went to the midnight screening at Ancaster and I cried like a baby for 3/4 of the film. My two favourite scenes were the incantations on the school and the Prince's Tale. I'm so sad that the films are done :( At least there's the Hobbit, so my childhood isn't officially over yet
Old 07-26-2011 at 05:47 PM   #29
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

it was horrible just like any other harry potter movie maybe except for the 1st one
can't believe i saw it twice
but i guess it was worth it cuz of hermione
Old 07-26-2011 at 05:47 PM   #30
traveler10

Liked: 51 Times

meh....