MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Service Learning Cassanova Volunteering Opportunities 5 02-26-2010 11:44 AM
Harry Potter!! Infinity General Discussion 68 07-27-2009 11:14 AM
movie theatres in hamilton... movie club? macculkin General Discussion 7 06-27-2009 09:23 PM
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince lorend General Discussion 36 11-22-2008 04:19 PM

Harry Potter Fan Commits Suicide After Learning Movie Spoilers!!!!

Old 07-14-2009 at 02:16 PM   #16
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

I wanted so badly to go see it at midnight. But nobody can pick me up from the theatre at like 2 AM.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 07-14-2009 at 02:21 PM   #17
myster

Liked: 10 Times

Haha.. the last sentence made it so obviously fake.

Elsewhere, stocks rallied on news of Goldman Sachs' joint venture with Satan. More here.

But seriously GS is very very evil. That's why they're the most profitable American bank right now. Biggest market manipulator ever.
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:42 PM   #18
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

I found Harry Potter so boring. I remember back when I was in grade 4 and everyone was freaking out about it, while I was just like "Screw that... I'mma play with my Digimons and Pokemons".

scott000 likes this.
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:46 PM   #19
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I found Harry Potter so boring. I remember back when I was in grade 4 and everyone was freaking out about it, while I was just like "Screw that... I'mma play with my Digimons and Pokemons".
Screw that, it's all about POGS!

feonateresa likes this.
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:46 PM   #20
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Haha, I guess I should stop believing that perez is a reliable source. Haha! To be honest, I haven't read a single HP movie or book so I felt this was quite extreme. Luckily, no one has done this. However, I heard that quite a few people committed suicide when MJ died so that's why I believed this story to be true. That's pretty hardcore.
Too true... fanatics do exist, people killed themselves when kurt cobain did too and probably other famous people... but over spoilers for a movie let alone a movie that's based on a book is silly
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:53 PM   #21
daisy

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
This story isn't real:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co m/andy..._b_231271.html

It's comedy news, aka a joke.

Perez obviously fell for it and then removed it quickly.
hahahaha! (oops...should I not laugh?)
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:56 PM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Screw that, it's all about POGS!
Heh, I somehow missed that whole craze.

I remember it started with this drink that consisted of tiny balls suspended in a fluid called "orbits", then Jurassic Park action figures, then Beast Wars action figures, then yo-yos, then Crazy Bones, then Pokemon, then Digimon, then Pokemon again, then Yugi-oh, then Beyblades, then Yugi-oh again, and then Skateboarding... and then hasn't shifted again since then. Magic cards also made random appearences over that entire timeline.
Old 07-14-2009 at 02:59 PM   #23
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Heh, I somehow missed that whole craze.

I remember it started with this drink that consisted of tiny balls suspended in a fluid called "orbits", then Jurassic Park action figures, then Beast Wars action figures, then yo-yos, then Crazy Bones, then Pokemon, then Digimon, then Pokemon again, then Yugi-oh, then Beyblades, then Yugi-oh again, and then Skateboarding... and then hasn't shifted again since then. Magic cards also made random appearences over that entire timeline.
Magic Cards FTW! So much better than Yugi-Oh. I still don't understand how Yugi-Oh cards cost so much.

Another odd thing is how real magic cards have that blue line in them when you rip the card. Kind of a strange way to prove a card is real if you ask me :\
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:03 PM   #24
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
Magic Cards FTW! So much better than Yugi-Oh. I still don't understand how Yugi-Oh cards cost so much.

Another odd thing is how real magic cards have that blue line in them when you rip the card. Kind of a strange way to prove a card is real if you ask me :\
Ya, I remember that packs of Yugi-oh cards went up to $ 20 a pack during the height in their popularity.

I never knew that thing about magic cards... I didn't even know there were fake magic cards around, lol. I remember fake Pokemon cards when I was in grade 3. They had purple backs and had a very waxy laminate as compared to the real ones.
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:07 PM   #25
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Pogs own man. Just a few months ago, I was playing pogs with my boyfriend. Let's just say I got my butt handed to me. >.>

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if something like a suicide over Harry Potter spoilers happened. Crazier things go on.
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:09 PM   #26
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Pogs own man. Just a few months ago, I was playing pogs with my boyfriend. Let's just say I got my butt handed to me. >.>

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if something like a suicide over Harry Potter spoilers happened. Crazier things go on.
Do they still sell them? If so, where? Oh man, I miss all those fads-- Tomagotchi (sp?), Crazy Bones, Pogs, BARBIES, etc. Kids these days are missing out. All they have is HP, HSM, iPhones, etc.
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:09 PM   #27
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Ya, I remember that packs of Yugi-oh cards went up to $ 20 a pack during the height in their popularity.

I never knew that thing about magic cards... I didn't even know there were fake magic cards around, lol. I remember fake Pokemon cards when I was in grade 3. They had purple backs and had a very waxy laminate as compared to the real ones.
Yeah, fake magic cards definitively exist. They are the more expensive/rarer ones though. You wouldn't see fake land cards or anything like that XD. Even if you did, you would really care as the opponent?
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:10 PM   #28
Phoenix

Liked: 52 Times

yo-yo's?
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:22 PM   #29
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferreinm View Post
Do they still sell them? If so, where? Oh man, I miss all those fads-- Tomagotchi (sp?), Crazy Bones, Pogs, BARBIES, etc. Kids these days are missing out. All they have is HP, HSM, iPhones, etc.
OMG. Remember Furbies?? Yeah, everything was so good back in the day. But then, that's just a sign we're getting old I think. Seniors are always complaining about how it was better back in the day hahaha.

Yeah.. instead of Barbies, it's Bratz (a.k.a promiscuous dolls).

I don't think they sell Pogs anymore actually... maybe a shop that specializes in old stuff like that, or online.
Old 07-14-2009 at 03:30 PM   #30
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
I don't think they sell Pogs anymore actually... maybe a shop that specializes in old stuff like that, or online.
I know Lick's used to give them out in whatever their equivalent to a happy meal is. Don't know if they still do...