MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Torrenting sites/Watch TV Online sites lorend Movies & Television 13 09-09-2010 01:05 PM
have your opinion on the environment heard lorend General Discussion 3 09-17-2009 07:05 PM
MSU - Let Your Voice Be Heard McIntyre General Discussion 37 07-15-2008 11:21 AM
Have Your Voice Heard Chad MacInsiders Announcements 1 09-29-2007 07:04 AM

has anyone else heard of these sites?

Old 02-20-2009 at 12:54 AM   #1
marauders89

Liked: 0 Times

has anyone else heard of these sites?
I think that they're extremely useful. This really isn't spam! lol

First off, there's swagbucks

It seems pretty legit. Apparently, you can use their search engine instead of google (although it's not as good, so use it for simpler searches) and you earn what are called "swag bucks". The more often you search, the better chance you have of randomly earning them.

You can redeem these for prizes, such as gift cards, cds, books, even an xbox and iphone. I've done my research and so far, there hasn't been any word on whether it's a complete scam or not. Many people swear by it and there are even videos on youtube proclaiming its authenticity, where people are opening their prizes.

Examples:

36 SB - classic VHS or Vintage Records
45 SB - Amazon.com $5 gift card
50 SB - Starbucks $5 gift card
25 SB - various limited edition music prints
10 SB+ - various sports cards
3800 SB - iphone
4100 SB - Xbox360 premium bundle

seems pretty cool, and it's free. I don't think it gets any better than that.
Here's a banner/link to the site

Also, there's redflagdeals.com

They have tons of deals posted on a daily basis, from in store sales to online printable coupons + FREEBIES! For example, there are $5 baseball tickets to see Bluejays games on certain Tuesdays (April 7, 23 & June 2, 23 i believe). I'm going to the game on April 7 .

http://www.redflagdeals.com/deals/main.php/alldeals

sorry for the long post, I just thought these could be useful for some people.
Old 02-20-2009 at 01:44 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I've used redflagdeals before; I'm a bit of a freebie hunter when I'm bored(and like to send people random crap in the mail, heh heh).

Thanks for sharing!

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 02-20-2009 at 07:14 PM   #3
jjcole

While redflagdeals is certainly a valid and useful website, signing up here just to post your referral link to this "swagbucks" site... should probably be considered spam.
Old 02-20-2009 at 08:03 PM   #4
scott000

Liked: 8 Times

dealguild.com is another good site, similar to redflagdeals and is Canadian as well.

deal guild also offers cashback ( a certain % of your purchase) when that purchase is made from a site such as canadiantire.ca via the Canadian Tire link on deal guild. So basically, if Canadian Tire sees that your purchase was made as a result of DG's link, they pay DG a certain commission, and some of that is passed back onto you. I haven't tried this personally, but if your purchasing something from one of the participating retailers anyway, it's worth a try.
Old 02-21-2009 at 05:21 PM   #5
enigmatique

Hmm, I've never heard of those sites before. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by enigmatique : 02-21-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2009 at 01:01 PM   #6
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

>has anyone else heard of these sites?>I think that they're extremely useful. This really isn't spam! lol

Make an account, make only one post which has a referral link to your swagbucks account? Not spam huh?

RFD is real, but swagbucks seems like a scam.
Old 02-28-2009 at 02:47 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Free nerdy (Biology) DVD's: http://www.hhmi.org/catalog/main?act...isting&catId=2

YAY free nerdiness.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

jjcole says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 02-28-2009 at 04:12 PM   #8
jjcole

Thanks Lorend, I just ordered four DVDs and subscribed to their magazine. [=

Free stuff FTW!
Old 03-02-2009 at 12:00 AM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
>has anyone else heard of these sites?>I think that they're extremely useful. This really isn't spam! lol

Make an account, make only one post which has a referral link to your swagbucks account? Not spam huh?

RFD is real, but swagbucks seems like a scam.

Marauders89, I have to agree with FireDragoonX on this one... you registered an account and only have 1 post, this one, with a link that is an affiliate link to the site you are advertising. I've removed your affiliate link but kept the post. No more spam please.
Old 03-04-2009 at 01:06 PM   #10
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Marauders89, I have to agree with FireDragoonX on this one... you registered an account and only have 1 post, this one, with a link that is an affiliate link to the site you are advertising. I've removed your affiliate link but kept the post. No more spam please.
Thank you good sir. Keep these douchebag spammers out!