MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Dropping Courses Daman K First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 01-14-2010 01:19 AM
question about business courses myInteger Academics 5 12-27-2009 04:03 PM
question about courses thedog123123 Academics 4 12-27-2009 01:09 PM
Question about dropping courses and SOLAR VoyozooT Academics 2 07-08-2009 03:42 PM
question about courses rebeccaaa Academics 6 07-06-2008 03:51 PM

i have question about registring courses

Old 08-14-2010 at 09:06 AM   #1
harman911

Liked: 0 Times

i have question about registring courses
i have regetered for 1f03 math month ago even though then solar did not say i do not have the requisite for now and is on my new time table, but now i am changing some courses, but now it says that i do not have the requisites for 1f03 and it also says i do not have the requisties for the new courses i want to add.
What should i do should just make changes and who cares what solar sayss??
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:10 AM   #2
Ace0fSpades

Liked: 26 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by harman911 View Post
i have regetered for 1f03 math month ago even though then solar did not say i do not have the requisite for now and is on my new time table, but now i am changing some courses, but now it says that i do not have the requisites for 1f03 and it also says i do not have the requisties for the new courses i want to add.
What should i do should just make changes and who cares what solar sayss??
I believe if you don't have the requisite you won't be registered in the class
However you can email the academic advisor in that department(I guess math department) and ask them to waiver it but you need a good excuse like you want to take this course since it a prereq for something etc)

However if you took calculus in highschool or vectors you can't take math 1F03

Here's a list of courses description and their prereqs
http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /calen...881.html#50702

Last edited by Ace0fSpades : 08-14-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:23 AM   #3
harman911

Liked: 0 Times

thanks man for the advice
Old 08-14-2010 at 09:47 AM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Before you tried to change courses, it let you regisiter for 1F03 without the prerequisite? That's odd...as far as I know, if you don't meet the prerequisites for a course, you won't get the credit for it. Do you have gr12 advanced functions? If not, then you can't take this course, you have to take math 1K03 instead. If you do, then email the math dept and tell them--they'll probably want proof though.