MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
McMaster HSR Bus Pass. When can I start using it. Kuttan First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-05-2012 08:15 PM
I received the wrong McMaster Student ID Validation Sticker. Yogurt Academics 13 05-09-2012 07:38 AM
Mac I.D Sticker ...Not Recieved yet aam18 General Discussion 2 08-22-2011 11:46 PM
HSR buss pass Richard Automotive & Transportation 41 08-28-2010 09:27 PM
HSR buss pass Mair First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-03-2010 01:31 PM

I haven't recieved my mcmaster HSR buss pass sticker

Old 05-03-2013 at 02:45 PM   #1
mavimalik

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I haven't recieved my mcmaster HSR buss pass sticker
I am enrolled in summer classes, but I haven't recieved the green sticker for the buss pass for HSR, anyone know the extension line or where I can contact them?
Old 05-03-2013 at 02:56 PM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Are you asking this because they turned down your purchase at Compass?

If not, it should be said that your HSR sticker for your student card isn't an automatic guarantee to get free bus rides, you must use this sticker to buy a student pass for the summer.

If you're aware of this and you just haven't gotten the sticker, your best bet is to call the registrar. If you're taking classes, just stop in to their offices for your inquiries, or call them to ask them what happened.

Also keep in mind that you need full time summer status to gain access to this sticker in the first place. Not sure if part-timers are given a sticker (but I'm pretty sure they're given something).

mavimalik says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:02 PM   #3
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
Are you asking this because they turned down your purchase at Compass?

If not, it should be said that your HSR sticker for your student card isn't an automatic guarantee to get free bus rides, you must use this sticker to buy a student pass for the summer.

If you're aware of this and you just haven't gotten the sticker, your best bet is to call the registrar. If you're taking classes, just stop in to their offices for your inquiries, or call them to ask them what happened.

Also keep in mind that you need full time summer status to gain access to this sticker in the first place. Not sure if part-timers are given a sticker (but I'm pretty sure they're given something).
Part-time summer students are given a sticker, and it's the same as the one full-time summer students get.

mavimalik says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:03 PM   #4
mavimalik

I am a fulltime student for summer I'm taking summer courses, my sister recieved a green sticker for her buss pass, but I haven't recieved mine yet. Do you know what number I can call for the register, I'm new at this. And where can I stop at their office.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:04 PM   #5
mavimalik

Can you guys please, give me the line number and extensions I have been trying to find one but I don't know if you contact compass
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:12 PM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Why are you trying to contact compass? Just go see them in person once you get your sticker.

The registrar's office is in Gilmour Hall, google it to find the exact room number and phone number (if you'd rather call).

Also, if your sister registered at a different time then you, then she would also get her sticker at a different time.

mavimalik says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:19 PM   #7
mavimalik

Me and my sister registered at the same time actually, and this is what I found when I googled
McMaster University Student Centre – Room 201
905-525-9140 ext. 21000

The McMaster Students Union has two main focuses which include political representation and enhancing student life. Undergraduate students at McMaster University, taking a full course load, are members of the MSU. In addition to political representation at McMaster, locally, provincially and federally, the MSU offers more than 25 services and businesses and employs more than 350 students per year.

Some services offered by the MSU are SWHAT (walk home team), EFRT (emergency responders), more than 200 clubs, Quarters Restaurant and Bar, Union Market convenience store, Compass Information Centre, student health and dental plans, HSR bus pass, Underground Media and Design, the Silhouette newspaper, CFMU radio, the GLBT Centre, the Maroons spirit group, the Student Community Support Network, the MSU Child Care Centre, Diversity Services and many more.

For further information visit our website.

I called the extention line so they mentioned about compass :S....so I'm guessing in gilmour hall I have to go to room 201 to get my bus pass right?
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:20 PM   #8
mavimalik

I haven't recieved the green sticker that's the problem and that green sticker will allow me to use the transit for the bus to go to mcmaster for my summer classes :(
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:24 PM   #9
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavimalik View Post
Me and my sister registered at the same time actually, and this is what I found when I googled
McMaster University Student Centre – Room 201
905-525-9140 ext. 21000

The McMaster Students Union has two main focuses which include political representation and enhancing student life. Undergraduate students at McMaster University, taking a full course load, are members of the MSU. In addition to political representation at McMaster, locally, provincially and federally, the MSU offers more than 25 services and businesses and employs more than 350 students per year.

Some services offered by the MSU are SWHAT (walk home team), EFRT (emergency responders), more than 200 clubs, Quarters Restaurant and Bar, Union Market convenience store, Compass Information Centre, student health and dental plans, HSR bus pass, Underground Media and Design, the Silhouette newspaper, CFMU radio, the GLBT Centre, the Maroons spirit group, the Student Community Support Network, the MSU Child Care Centre, Diversity Services and many more.

I called the extention line so they mentioned about compass :S....so I'm guessing in gilmour hall I have to go to room 201 to get my bus pass right?
Quote:
I haven't recieved the green sticker that's the problem and that green sticker will allow me to use the transit for the bus to go to mcmaster for my summer classes :(
You seem to be confused - no, that green sticker is NOT your bus pass. It allows you to purchase a bus pass from compass at a student rate. Compass is not in any way involved in giving you your sticker. From what you copy and pasted, it looks like you googled bus pass or MSU or something rather than the registrar's office. It is the registrar's office that provides you with your sticker.

Also, MUSC is not the same as Gilmour Hall...the info you pasted talked about MUSC 201, which if I recall correctly is the MSU office.

Edit: Also, the MSU is only involved in fall/winter undergrad bus passes, not summer bus passes.

Commie42 says thanks to starfish for this post.

shreebee likes this.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:33 PM   #10
mavimalik

Alright starfish thanks for your help :( i am very confused how to get that sticker I googled what you asked for but that is what showed up, but can you please help me try to find the room number I would really highly appreciate this, I've been googling for hours and that compass thing showed up, so please please please can you tell me the room number for the register's office thank you
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:34 PM   #11
mavimalik

so that greeen sticker is not a buss pass but for compass to get a bus pass for student rate :/
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:34 PM   #12
mavimalik

compass is on the main floor right near the elevator in student centre? in the food area
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:35 PM   #13
starfish
Elite Member

Quote:
Alright starfish thanks for your help :( i am very confused how to get that sticker I googled what you asked for but that is what showed up, but can you please help me try to find the room number I would really highly appreciate this, I've been googling for hours and that compass thing showed up, so please please please can you tell me the room number for the register's office thank you
Go to the registrar's website and click on contacts...it's all there. It can also be found by googling "mcmaster registrar contact", "mcmaster registrar", "mcmaster registrar office", "mcmaster registrar phone number" and probably a bunch of other stuff. What were you searching?

Edit: Yes that is where compass is.

PockyWarrior likes this.
Old 05-03-2013 at 03:40 PM   #14
mavimalik

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /getre...-services.html this is what keeps on popping up on google I typed in google "registrar's office mcmaster summer bus pass" and that student service thing keeps coming up and is telling me McMaster University Student Centre – Room 201
905-525-9140 ext. 21000

Old 05-03-2013 at 03:41 PM   #15
mavimalik

heres what you told me to google http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /contacts.html