Headphones ShesTheMan General Discussion 5 02-17-2011 04:20 PM
Headphones Recommendation Amaryll Computers & Tech 42 02-15-2011 04:26 AM
course textbook recommendation scarletfire Academics 6 06-28-2010 12:15 PM

Headphones/earphones recommendation

Old 11-24-2013 at 01:09 PM   #16
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

While Bose is good, they're overpriced.

The best bang for your buck is likely the Klipsch IMAGE S4i, earphone-wise. If you want good headphones, go with Audio-Technica.
Old 11-24-2013 at 02:54 PM   #17
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse.C View Post
beats are useless piece of shit
If somebody owns beats, I automatically assume they have more money than sense. You can get good recording studio quality earpods or headphones for about half what you'd spend on something like that.
Old 11-24-2013 at 06:33 PM   #18
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

To be honest I just use these when I'm on the go.
Super cheap, super durable and still great sound because sony <3
I used to break my earphones all the time but these are surprisingly durable, haven't replaced mine in over a year now.
Old 11-24-2013 at 08:39 PM   #19
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

I changed to Etymotic research HF5 a while back.

Kevlar cord, 86% accurate. Perfect in-ears.

You can't go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odx6NK9zwuw

they blow every single IEM I've tried out of the water, especially given the price and the fact that they don't require an AMP or over emphasize bass (derps by dr. derp) or give shitty treble (shit-heiser)

these are also better than every single; single-driver earphone mentioned in this thread especially given the value.

the only "step up" would be to go to musician grade ER4, but I don't recommend this.

also...

go here http://www.headphone.com/headphones/...c-hf5.php#tabs

and compare every headphone mentioned to these.

Last edited by ZSimon : 11-24-2013 at 08:51 PM.

BlakeM likes this.
Old 11-24-2013 at 10:18 PM   #20
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
I changed to Etymotic research HF5 a while back.

Kevlar cord, 86% accurate. Perfect in-ears.

You can't go wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odx6NK9zwuw

they blow every single IEM I've tried out of the water, especially given the price and the fact that they don't require an AMP or over emphasize bass (derps by dr. derp) or give shitty treble (shit-heiser)

these are also better than every single; single-driver earphone mentioned in this thread especially given the value.

the only "step up" would be to go to musician grade ER4, but I don't recommend this.

also...

go here http://www.headphone.com/headphones/...c-hf5.php#tabs

and compare every headphone mentioned to these.
I second the etymotic recommendation. Beautiful isolation and sound great. These are the ones I got
http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/mc5.html
Also, a useful reference. http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-25-2013 at 04:56 PM   #21
lalalola2011

Liked: 4 Times

It honestly doesnt matter what company headphones/earphones you get, at the end of the day its all about you taking care of their condition.
I know people who break headphones on like a weekly monthly basis
i had the same earphones, not fancy ones at all they were just good sounding cheap headphones lying around the house and they lasted almost 5 years until i allowed someone careless to use it -,-.
SO yeah make sure u dont bend them too much and keep them tangled or pull or tug on them too hard that should keep them in good shape for a long time
Old 11-27-2013 at 07:57 AM   #22
terriermon

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks for all the suggestions
Old 11-27-2013 at 08:23 AM   #23
terriermon

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSmith99 View Post
but they get the ratchet hoes on yo dick man, thats all that matters
Can everything not revolve around sex? But thanks for your input
Old 11-27-2013 at 12:34 PM   #24
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

I have the corsair vengence 1500 USB gaming headset. There is the 1300 that has 3.5mm output. I'm not sure I'd recommend it for walking around with though, haha. Pretty comfy to wear. I suppose if I got a pair for out and about I'd look mostly for sturdyness, resistance to cold, and quality of the cable and connector. Drivers/response along with quality of the exterior itself tend to follow the same level of durability. Don't buy anything under $50 unless it's on sale.

I picked my headset up at Canada computers on dundurn on recommendation from one of the sales associate who had a number of the previous models and was very satisfied. The people there tend to have life experience with the gear and I trust their opinions moreso than some sclub at BB/FS/Titles.