MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Arts and Science vs. Health Science? ktc11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-18-2010 08:40 AM
What does health science look for in a student? Pinakin Academics 30 02-14-2010 11:58 AM
can you minor in health science? ladyh Academics 6 01-01-2010 05:47 PM
Health Science Katelyn999 General Discussion 6 10-24-2009 02:27 PM
health science rakib Academics 5 05-12-2008 10:55 PM

Health science?

Old 05-06-2011 at 05:43 PM   #16
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordnerd View Post
I was accepted to life sci all the way back in February. Unless U of T decides to offer me some money I will be taking Mac up on the offer. I visit tomorrow.

I am hurt but I knew the chances were slim anyway. Too many applicants and not enough spots. I am really interested in the life sci with origins research specialization though so I am excited for September none the less.

P.S. Congratulations on your acceptance to comp sci, Herbs.
Hey, Origins is awesome. Have fun tomorrow!
Old 05-06-2011 at 05:43 PM   #17
oranges

Liked: 34 Times

If you're still interested in health sci by the end of first year, you could always try and transfer into it for second year. It won't be easy, of course, but you still have a shot. But it's good that you're interested in life sci as well.

Assuming you do choose to go here, welcome to Mac!
Old 05-06-2011 at 05:47 PM   #18
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
I was accepted to life sci all the way back in February. Unless U of T decides to offer me some money I will be taking Mac up on the offer. I visit tomorrow.

I am hurt but I knew the chances were slim anyway. Too many applicants and not enough spots. I am really interested in the life sci with origins research specialization though so I am excited for September none the less.

P.S. Congratulations on your acceptance to comp sci, Herbs.
Thank you bro :]!
Old 05-06-2011 at 06:02 PM   #19
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
If you're still interested in health sci by the end of first year, you could always try and transfer into it for second year. It won't be easy, of course, but you still have a shot. But it's good that you're interested in life sci as well.

Assuming you do choose to go here, welcome to Mac!
I am 95% sure that I will go to Mac. U of T would have to pretty much pay my whole tuition to get me to go there. I am more than interested in life sci, I smiled the whole day when I got my offer. I am really happy with it. In a way I am sort of relieved because now I know I have so many options in life sci. Thanks. Macinsiders has actually made me feel really welcome.

For the record, bro is incorrect. I am female.
Old 05-06-2011 at 06:42 PM   #20
anonanon987
Power Abuser

I'm glad you like MI just like myself, the community is really welcoming. :]
Old 05-08-2011 at 11:58 PM   #21
Sxefmachine

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
You clearly have not been in MI for a long time.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 05-09-2011 at 09:09 AM   #22
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxefmachine View Post
You clearly have not been in MI for a long time.
Wasn't talking about the people on the actual forums, I was talking about the people on the chat, whom I talk to.
Old 05-09-2011 at 09:41 AM   #23
SirPhil

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
I am 95% sure that I will go to Mac. U of T would have to pretty much pay my whole tuition to get me to go there. I am more than interested in life sci, I smiled the whole day when I got my offer. I am really happy with it. In a way I am sort of relieved because now I know I have so many options in life sci. Thanks. Macinsiders has actually made me feel really welcome.

For the record, bro is incorrect. I am female.
Except your entrance average is above 95% (which I take it is seeing as you applied to Health Sci and you expect U of T to pay your tuition), i'd advice you to take UofT scholarship and run. At Mac, they reduced the scholarhsips, it's non-renewable and you have to continue over-achieving for a shot at any free money through your uni career.

Don't get me wrong, Mac is a great school and U of T sucks monkey balls (esp in first year where they bombard you with work) but think about the cash seriously.

Last edited by SirPhil : 05-09-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-09-2011 at 10:04 AM   #24
Mahratta
Elite Member

Liked: 366 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
The community is actually pretty welcoming. A lot of prospective students don't think so because many forumers react with hostility to "AM I GOING TO GET IN?!" and "WHAT'S THE BEST UNIVERSITY?!" threads - which is reasonable, since we've been bombarded by such threads for years now...

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 05-09-2011 at 03:42 PM   #25
MirandaC

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPhil View Post
Except your entrance average is above 95% (which I take it is seeing as you applied to Health Sci and you expect U of T to pay your tuition), i'd advice you to take UofT scholarship and run. At Mac, they reduced the scholarhsips, it's non-renewable and you have to continue over-achieving for a shot at any free money through your uni career.

Don't get me wrong, Mac is a great school and U of T sucks monkey balls (esp in first year where they bombard you with work) but think about the cash seriously.
The U of T paying my tuition thing was more of a joke. My average is above 90 but not 95. If I got any money from U of T it would be because I have that average while doing a LOT of other stuff. I am really involved in my school, do a lot of music and have run workshops at anti-bullying conferences. I am not going to bother you with the details. I am saying that unless U of T offered me REALY GOOD money, I would rather be happy for the next four years despite the cost.
Old 05-09-2011 at 03:48 PM   #26
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
The community is actually pretty welcoming. A lot of prospective students don't think so because many forumers react with hostility to "AM I GOING TO GET IN?!" and "WHAT'S THE BEST UNIVERSITY?!" threads - which is reasonable, since we've been bombarded by such threads for years now...
Yes I understand where you're coming from, and I'm glad I haven't pestered anyone to such a significant degree as the people you have mentioned.
Old 05-09-2011 at 06:21 PM   #27
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahratta View Post
lol or they ask keep on answering questions that we can't answer (re: administrative, secret admissions stuff).

Mahratta likes this.