MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Studies 2D03 (Mental Health) PBurge Academics 6 06-16-2010 04:01 PM
Health Studies/Health Age Courses **jewel 03** Academics 0 06-05-2010 06:15 PM
Admitted into Social Science and told i wont be able to switch into a Science program MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-23-2010 03:47 PM
Faculty and Program Series Part Two: The Indigenous Studies Program lorend Faculty & Program Series 9 08-24-2009 02:56 PM
health studies courses?? mohands Academics 9 07-02-2009 05:15 PM

Health Science?/Studies? Not the program, the course

Old 12-22-2009 at 10:33 PM   #1
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

Health Science?/Studies? Not the program, the course
Hey guys.

I got an email in like, September, saying that I was enrolled in Biology 1A03 and I had to take this new "lab" preparation course. I enrolled it in (I believe it was on SOLAR). It was worth 0 units, of course.

It was similar to Science/Engineering 1A00, except only if you had taken Biology 1A03, I believe.

I sort of forgot about doing the ELM quiz I had to do until November/December...but I still did it because it was still open.

EDIT: I have Bio 1A03 NEXT semester, not this one that had just passed.

However, on my Grade Report, I have Math 1A03 <final grade> and this
1 HTH SCI 1BS0 00 F 0 BIO SAFETY TRAININ

Hahaha. Does this mean anything? I just realized it won't affect my GPA because it's worth 0 units, but can I just take it next semester, or what happens now?

I don't think it should penalize me because it's not like I HAD to take it until next semester anyway.
Old 12-22-2009 at 10:41 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
Hey guys.

I got an email in like, September, saying that I was enrolled in Biology 1A03 and I had to take this new "lab" preparation course. I enrolled it in (I believe it was on SOLAR). It was worth 0 units, of course.

It was similar to Science/Engineering 1A00, except only if you had taken Biology 1A03, I believe.

I sort of forgot about doing the ELM quiz I had to do until November/December...but I still did it because it was still open.

EDIT: I have Bio 1A03 NEXT semester, not this one that had just passed.

However, on my Grade Report, I have Math 1A03 <final grade> and this
1 HTH SCI 1BS0 00 F 0 BIO SAFETY TRAININ

Hahaha. Does this mean anything? I just realized it won't affect my GPA because it's worth 0 units, but can I just take it next semester, or what happens now?

I don't think it should penalize me because it's not like I HAD to take it until next semester anyway.
You can probably take it right now if it's still up on Elm, which it should be.
Old 12-22-2009 at 10:45 PM   #3
Alchemist11
Elite Member

I did take it though, when I remembered it in November/early December. I got 16/16 within about 30 minutes of going on ELM, which is sad because I could have done that so long ago, it just totally slipped my mind.

The thing ends January 30th, 2010, which is why I'm annoyed - why say an exam is 3 hours, but then fail anyone who doesn't hand it in within 2?
Old 12-22-2009 at 10:51 PM   #4
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist11 View Post
I did take it though, when I remembered it in November/early December. I got 16/16 within about 30 minutes of going on ELM, which is sad because I could have done that so long ago, it just totally slipped my mind.

The thing ends January 30th, 2010, which is why I'm annoyed - why say an exam is 3 hours, but then fail anyone who doesn't hand it in within 2?
Hmmm, That is weird... If you are completed it then you completed it. I would contact one of those people that have their e-mails in the syllabus part of the ELM site.
Old 12-22-2009 at 10:55 PM   #5
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

If its open until January then wouldn't it be part of winter term grades at the end of the year?

I had the same kind of course for anatomy (HTH SCI 1H06)... but ours was required for this semester, and it says on my grade report COM which I assume means completed

I would definately just email the prof and ask them about it, they would be able to see on ELM when you submitted it...
Old 12-22-2009 at 10:56 PM   #6
Alchemist11
Elite Member

So in the announcements section it says that the deadline was October 13th, but then I checked out the Discussion. People that missed the deadline were asked to talk to the lab co-ordinator for Biology 1A03, which I haven't taken yet. I'll email them. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009 at 12:15 AM   #7
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

Something like that happened to me. I took health sci 1BS0 in summer school. I made sure with the IA and she said I don't have to do it again. But on my grade report it appears and I got a F!! I also have my original one there as P (pass) Who do you contact about this stuff... seeing that F is depressing
Old 12-23-2009 at 12:34 AM   #8
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
Something like that happened to me. I took health sci 1BS0 in summer school. I made sure with the IA and she said I don't have to do it again. But on my grade report it appears and I got a F!! I also have my original one there as P (pass) Who do you contact about this stuff... seeing that F is depressing
Probably the people's e-mails that show up when you go to the Syllabus on ELM.