MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Sciences Admission Offer & Life Sciences/Health Sciences aaam319 Introduce Yourself 1 05-06-2014 06:40 PM
Question about health science program admission valtorec Academics 22 05-08-2011 06:21 PM
Recommended Electives for the Bachelor of Health Sciences Program TLulu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-18-2009 11:28 PM

Health Sciences Program Question

Old 01-13-2016 at 12:48 PM   #1
Rayane

Liked: 0 Times

Health Sciences Program Question
Hello.

I have a question about McMaster's Health Sciences program, or any program from McMaster that requires a supplemental application.

Do you receive a student acknowledgement after you have submitted your supplementary application? Because I have have submitted my application in terms of the OUAC website, but I have not received a student acknowledgement e-mail, despite receiving one from Western.

Thank you!
Old 01-13-2016 at 12:52 PM   #2
Rayane

*supplementary
Old 01-13-2016 at 03:22 PM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

What do you mean by student acknowledgement? Like a confirmation that they have received your OUAC application? I don't think you receive anything after completing the supplementary app. Submitting on OUAC doesn't mean anything if you haven't done the supp. app. They usually send out updates way after the app is due to update you on the status of acceptances and then another one for acceptances/rejections.
Old 01-13-2016 at 04:15 PM   #4
Rayane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperious View Post
What do you mean by student acknowledgement? Like a confirmation that they have received your OUAC application? I don't think you receive anything after completing the supplementary app. Submitting on OUAC doesn't mean anything if you haven't done the supp. app. They usually send out updates way after the app is due to update you on the status of acceptances and then another one for acceptances/rejections.
Yes, that is precisely what I meant. So, essentially, I should not be worried if I haven't received any e-mails about student acknowledgement? Do they not send anything like Western? Such as, logging into an e-mail, getting your student ID, etc?
Old 01-13-2016 at 06:20 PM   #5
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

What, you mean like this?
http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016...-students.html

Anyways, I have no idea how they do things at Western, but I can't imagine why you would get a McMaster student ID and email if you've not even been accepted.
Old 01-13-2016 at 10:55 PM   #6
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

The most western would probably be giving you would be some kind of login to a temporary portal to check the status of your application but I'm pretty sure OUAC would have the same amount of information so it's kind of pointless unless a supplementary app is associated to your account (for example Waterloo). The way it works here is that your student ID/email services only get activated when you finish selecting courses so it'd be waaaaaaay after you got accepted. Any supplementary apps would most likely be on a separate webpage for McMaster.