MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Sciences Course Advice pat2010 Academics 2 06-09-2010 04:26 PM
Health Sciences vs. Arts and Sciences - advice anyone? ktc11 Academics 3 05-19-2010 08:47 PM
Health Sciences Shagana First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-12-2010 06:49 PM

Health Sciences Schedule

Old 08-11-2009 at 10:48 PM   #1
_N/A_

Liked: 11 Times

Health Sciences Schedule
I could use some opinions... Anyone think I should try to change anything? I'm not much of a morning person...

Term 1:

Term 2:

Last edited by _N/A_ : 08-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 at 10:52 PM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Taking a screencap (also knowing room locations, which would be in the screencap, just so you won't end up walking all across campus in 10 minutes between classes) would make it easier for people to help.

Old 08-11-2009
_N/A_
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:28 PM   #3
_N/A_

Liked: 11 Times

Thanks for the advice. I've changed it now.
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:33 PM   #4
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Hi, I'm in Health Sci too, so I'm familiar with your courses. The only thing I'd suggest, as long as you don't mind the early classes, would be to move around the psychobiology tutorial (1G03) (oh hey, i actually have that as my tutorial too right now) so you can lighten your friday a bit first semester.

and as Jeff said, check out the map to make sure you'll be able to get to classes back to back... you can't change the back to back 1G03 and 1I06 though, but everyone's in that boat =)
Old 08-12-2009 at 12:45 AM   #5
harshey13

Liked: 0 Times

Hey, I have a problem with my schedule.....because I thought it would be okay to take only one elective, and I misunderstood one thing....and now i changed my mind and I want to take Econ 1BB3.....but I already got ECON 1B03 in my second term...and I was just confused in what to do :S ??? PLEASE HELP !

Is it okay if I just add Econ 1BB3 into the first term ? OR is ECON 1B03 REQUIRED for the Econ 1BB3 ?

Thanks in Advance !!
Old 08-12-2009 at 01:09 AM   #6
muns2

do you know if we're allowed to change our core for 1E06?
because i'm going to get math 1a03, but the times do not
fit right in my schedule and i might end up with core and tutorial
with different professors... unless i change my 1E06 class.
Old 08-12-2009 at 01:34 AM   #7
hyvaa

Liked: 14 Times

hey rosaline,
i posted a question about having different profs for core and tutorial. they said it didn't matter which tutorial you were in..
Old 08-12-2009 at 02:08 AM   #8
conradchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshey13 View Post
Hey, I have a problem with my schedule.....because I thought it would be okay to take only one elective, and I misunderstood one thing....and now i changed my mind and I want to take Econ 1BB3.....but I already got ECON 1B03 in my second term...and I was just confused in what to do :S ??? PLEASE HELP !

Is it okay if I just add Econ 1BB3 into the first term ? OR is ECON 1B03 REQUIRED for the Econ 1BB3 ?

Thanks in Advance !!
This is directly from the calendar so it's super clear =) :
"ECON 1B03 and 1BB3 can be taken in either order or concurrently."
Old 08-12-2009 at 02:09 AM   #9
conradchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns2 View Post
do you know if we're allowed to change our core for 1E06?
because i'm going to get math 1a03, but the times do not
fit right in my schedule and i might end up with core and tutorial
with different professors... unless i change my 1E06 class.
Hi Rosaline,

Last year we were not allowed to switch our Inquiry sections (I know, it's a bit of a pain when it conflicts with other stuff), and that probably won't change this year. I believe we were told that on LearnLink.
Old 08-12-2009 at 02:09 AM   #10
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Term 2: I'd see if it was possible to change your Physics or Math. ABB and TSH are pretty far apart.

Don't get me wrong, though. It's possible to make it on time by foot and it's easier if you got a bike/skateboard/skates/etc. By second term you'd probably know some shortcuts too.

Still, if you're the type of person who wouldn't skip lectures and like getting to class on time, it might leave you feeling a little rushed. Also keep in mind that 2.5/4 months of your second term the campus would still be covered in snow and/or ice.
Old 08-15-2009 at 05:09 PM   #11
smileyKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradchi View Post
Hi Rosaline,

Last year we were not allowed to switch our Inquiry sections (I know, it's a bit of a pain when it conflicts with other stuff), and that probably won't change this year. I believe we were told that on LearnLink.

Where is that on Learnlink? If this is truw, then I'll have to re-do my whole schedule >_<
Old 08-15-2009 at 06:42 PM   #12
conradchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyKT View Post
Where is that on Learnlink? If this is truw, then I'll have to re-do my whole schedule >_<
I believe the message went to the Inquiry folders for your courses, but I can't find the 08/09 ones anymore to check.

Your best bet to find out for sure is probably to e-mail either your facilitator or Teresa Basilio, BHSc Program Administrator: [email protected] ink.mcmaster.ca
Old 08-15-2009 at 07:19 PM   #13
smileyKT

Thank you very much!
Old 08-15-2009 at 08:08 PM   #14
astudent

Liked: 6 Times

Hello...i'm also in health sciences i've just gotten off SOLAR and made a few changes. Please review! .. and thanks! i've had to switch out of my envir sci class b/c of a conflict.. and i've ended up with gerontology. and i'm not sure whether my 1st term's too hectic (cuz it's squished into 4 days)..?

term1.jpg

term2.jpg