MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Health Sciences vs. Arts and Sciences - advice anyone? ktc11 Academics 3 05-19-2010 08:47 PM
Health Sciences Shagana First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-12-2010 06:49 PM
Health Sciences Schedule _N/A_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 08-16-2009 08:03 PM
Health Sciences I Timetable hitek168 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 08-16-2009 04:20 PM

Health Sciences Timetable

Old 08-11-2009 at 10:38 AM   #1
Christopher

Liked: 0 Times

Health Sciences Timetable
So I got my timetable today. Is there anything I could possibly change. I don't think it's too bad...especially first term, but I'm commuting, so second term might be hard with 8:30 classes. So is there anything I can change outright that's obvious? I attached the two term timetables. Thank you very much for your help

P.S. Can courses only be switched around on or after August 13th? IS there nothing I can do now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Term 1.JPG (113.9 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Term 2.JPG (104.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 08-11-2009 at 10:50 AM   #2
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

It looks good to me, although your first term Thursday looks brutal... however you do have Mondays off so that's good. Where are you commuting from? 8:30 is hard to get to, even for people on-campus, so you might want to think about that more carefully. If you're a morning person and you can do it, go for it. :]

And yes, courses/tutorials/labs can only be switched on/after August 13th.

You have until September 21st to drop Term 1 courses without academic penalty (i.e. it won't show on your transcript).
Old 08-11-2009 at 11:16 AM   #3
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

It's always good to have classes close together, which seems to be the case for you, but I think it would be a better idea to relieve some of the stress of having a jam-packed day (like your Thursday).

Especially since you have a lab on that day, you may want to move some of the other sections to your Monday. It sounds great to have a day off, but personally, I prefer to have it spread out over the week so I don't have one overtly tiring day where I can't focus.

Also, with regards to your Chem Lab on Fridays, I suggest you move it to another day as the two Chem midterms occur on Fridays. It is never a good idea to be doing a lab while having the upcoming midterm on your mind. You want to do well on both so switch to a day other than Friday.
Old 08-11-2009 at 03:01 PM   #4
Christopher

I'm commuting from Mississauga, and it's about a 30-35 minute commute. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still not too sure what to change though. I'll see what I can do Also, is it possible to maybe go through a week of classes to see how it is and then change it then?

Last edited by Christopher : 08-11-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2009 at 03:28 PM   #5
citfat

8:30 chem is the WORST. If you are commuting you will not like it, trust. I suggest switching that particular class to an 11:30 or 12:30 time.
Old 08-11-2009 at 03:29 PM   #6
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I'm commuting from Mississauga, and it's about a 30-35 minute commute. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm still not too sure what to change though. I'll see what I can do Also, is it possible to maybe go through a week of classes to see how it is and then change it then?
Absolutely. Just remember though that if you end up switching between sections/tutorials with different TA's you may be a tad bit behind. Even though profs for the same course try to be consistent with their material, one week is enough to put you behind for a bit. Good luck!
Old 08-12-2009 at 10:02 AM   #7
Christopher

In regards to what Myoozik said about moving the chem lab on Friday to another day, I was wondering if it would be useful to move it to the wednesday. Also, I was wondering if I should move both the lab and the tutorial to wednesday. Is this a good idea?
Old 08-12-2009 at 11:45 AM   #8
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
In regards to what Myoozik said about moving the chem lab on Friday to another day, I was wondering if it would be useful to move it to the wednesday. Also, I was wondering if I should move both the lab and the tutorial to wednesday. Is this a good idea?
If you move it to weds. you'll definitely lighten up your friday. Just make sure you look at a campus map and make sure you can get to classes back to back in ten minutes..
and Yep. the lab and the tutorial have to be the same (ie. right now you have L69 and T69) so change both =)