MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden - Introduce yourself! Chad Hedden Hall Forum 108 08-08-2012 10:13 AM
Hedden Double LazyNinja Hedden Hall Forum 9 09-01-2010 09:32 PM
Hedden Hall Hilarity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2010 11:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall '07 lorend Hedden Hall Forum 51 06-04-2008 04:42 PM

Hedden '09

Old 08-14-2009 at 02:35 PM   #46
Roshaan

Liked: 1 Time

one more question... can the administrators...or whoever is in charge search ur room?? if yes, what happens if u dnt allow them to

nd one more... what kind of matresses does Hedden have??
Old 08-14-2009 at 02:36 PM   #47
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Does anyone have a single room in hedden with a washroom? That is the most epic room on campus.
Old 08-14-2009 at 02:58 PM   #48
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshaan View Post
one more question... can the administrators...or whoever is in charge search ur room?? if yes, what happens if u dnt allow them to

If they have a reason they feel they need to search your room they are probably legally entitled to do so. If you refuse there may be legal consequences. If you dont have anything against the rules or illegal hidden in your room you should not have any reason to deny them access. If you do have anything illegal or against the rules in your room well just dont have that stuff.

Hedden and all of the the other residences have these thin mattresses. A lot of people bring a thicker piece of foam from home to put on top for more comfort.
Old 08-14-2009 at 03:13 PM   #49
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
im gonna be moving in 307B Hedden... are we allowed to drill holes in the wall or the shelf?? cuz im bringing a tiny steel safe [9kg]...theres no point of having one unless i can bolt it down...
Don't bring a safe:
1) You can't bolt it down so it's not secure
2) If somebody does happen to break into your room (highly unlikely) A safe is like a huge "STEAL ME" sign

Bring an extra traveling suitcase with a lock and leave it in your closet, most people will assume it's full with extra clothes, etc. and people that are curious wont be willing to break the lock to find out

Quote:
...nd the 2nd issue im facing is... i hav one home audio system... nd its 12,000 watts... kinda big... would i have enough space to keep it in my room... would loud music get me into trouble =\??

r u allowed build ur own shelves nd stuff in ur room as long as u dont damage it??
Noise will get you in trouble, you can play music but a 12000W system is overkill for res. I got warnings a few time last year playing music at high volume on 70W PC speakers.

And you can build shelves in your room as long as you don't damage anything get noise complaints, and of course your roomie doesn't mind.

Quote:
one more thing i am worried about is gettin to class in winter... i mean when the storms kick in
We almost never have storms in Hamilton, it gets cold, but there's little in the way of actual precipitation.

Quote:

They're perfectly capable of getting into your room while you're not there and if you do damage to the room and they find it after you move out for the year you'll be charged on your payment agreement and will not be able to continue next school year without paying it off. Don't think that keeping your room locked all the time means you can get away with anything you want.

on the other hand, it's very unlikely anyone will go into your room at anytime other than the christmas break or if you put in a work order so if you wanna have technically banned things in your room (like a microwave) you can get away with it.
Old 08-14-2009 at 03:56 PM   #50
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

I have a double room in Hedden and i was wondering how much space is there for clothes.
Old 08-14-2009 at 04:49 PM   #51
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times

There's lots of space!!
You'll have three drawers under your bed, two more in your closet, and of course.. the closet! You can also get creative and make your own shelves. I did that by stacking milk crates. You will also have room to stack rubbermaids on top of your closet for things that you won't need that often (ie cooking stuff, bulky sweaters..). When you first move in, don't bring everything.. just bring what you need to get you through the time before you go back home. Welcome week is a really busy time and you likely won't have long to arrange your space until after it's all over. Also, you'll want to have time to work stuff out with your room mate in terms of space arrangements first.

LBJ.MVP says thanks to temara.brown for this post.

TheAxtmann likes this.
Old 08-14-2009 at 10:46 PM   #52
.:callen:.
Student Senator '08-'10

Liked: 24 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight0 View Post
Does anyone have a single room in hedden with a washroom? That is the most epic room on campus.
I do! Is it really good?
Old 08-14-2009 at 11:26 PM   #53
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Is it only on the 1st floor?
Old 08-16-2009 at 11:10 AM   #54
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:callen:. View Post
I do! Is it really good?
Oh it's amazing.
Old 08-17-2009 at 04:17 PM   #55
Roshaan

Liked: 1 Time

dude... i cant wait to move on campus...
Old 08-18-2009 at 09:38 PM   #56
kanagaap

Liked: 0 Times

im goin to movin into Hedden hall this fall.. i waz just wonderin.. if we can keep a microwave in our room.. i read on another thread that u could.. buh the guides that took us to each of the residences told us we couldn;t.... a microwave would be helpfull.. so does nyone kno.. cuz i wanna buy one
Old 08-18-2009 at 10:07 PM   #57
Student Senator '08-'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagaap View Post
im goin to movin into Hedden hall this fall.. i waz just wonderin.. if we can keep a microwave in our room.. i read on another thread that u could.. buh the guides that took us to each of the residences told us we couldn;t.... a microwave would be helpfull.. so does nyone kno.. cuz i wanna buy one
No you can't keep a microwave in your room. Its against the rules. There is one in the floor kitchen you can use!

kanagaap says thanks to .:callen:. for this post.
Old 08-18-2009 at 10:08 PM   #58
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanagaap View Post
You definitely cannot have a microwave in your room. That said there is a microwave in every common room and the common rooms are not that far from your room. There are two common rooms on every floor in Hedden so two microwaves on each floor too. You don't need one in your room and yes it is against the rules to have anything like a microwave, kettle, hot plate, toaster etc in your room. Cooking/heating etc must be done in the kitchen in the common room.

kanagaap says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-20-2009 at 02:28 AM   #59
caludujf

Liked: 0 Times

What are the times we can move in on september 6th? For each floor.
Old 08-20-2009 at 07:46 AM   #60
Student Senator '08-'10

http://housing.mcmaster.ca/Residence...ovein2009.html

Floors 1,3,5 from 8-12
Floors 2,4 from 12-4