MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hedden - Introduce yourself! Chad Hedden Hall Forum 108 08-08-2012 10:13 AM
Hedden Double LazyNinja Hedden Hall Forum 9 09-01-2010 09:32 PM
Hedden Hall Hilarity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2010 11:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall '07 lorend Hedden Hall Forum 51 06-04-2008 04:42 PM

Hedden '09

Old 08-20-2009 at 07:56 AM   #61
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sew12 View Post
You definitely cannot have a microwave in your room. That said there is a microwave in every common room and the common rooms are not that far from your room. There are two common rooms on every floor in Hedden so two microwaves on each floor too. You don't need one in your room and yes it is against the rules to have anything like a microwave, kettle, hot plate, toaster etc in your room. Cooking/heating etc must be done in the kitchen in the common room.
I got away with having a microwave in my room. Just don't let your CA see
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:11 PM   #62
TheAxtmann

Liked: 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by caludujf View Post
What are the times we can move in on september 6th? For each floor.
Along this same line, where do I get my keys on move in day? I'm on floor 3 so I'll be there fairly early I suppose. Also, it says I need to bring another passport size photo to complete registration, do I need that if I've already sent in the new student form and had my student card mailed to me already?
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:14 PM   #63
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxtmann View Post
Along this same line, where do I get my keys on move in day? I'm on floor 3 so I'll be there fairly early I suppose. Also, it says I need to bring another passport size photo to complete registration, do I need that if I've already sent in the new student form and had my student card mailed to me already?
You get your keys at Commons, the reps should direct you there.

Yes, you need to bring another passport-sized photo. They need it on file so if you lose your key they know that they are given the key to the right person. You can get passport-sized photo at those photobooths in the malls.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:16 PM   #64
TheAxtmann

Okay, thanks. I have another copy of my passport photo anyway, they gave me two at Shoppers when I had it done for my student card. So theoretically it would be best to stop at this Commons place before heading to my res, since they'll just send me there anyway?
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:18 PM   #65
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Quote:
You get your keys at the Commons building. You'll probably be waiting in the car for a while, so get your keys then so that you don't have to waste any time later when you move your stuff up.

Yes, you still need to send in a passport size photo. I guess this is for security purposes. Let's say you lock yourself out and you need to sign out a temporary key; how are they gonna know that you're the real "John Smith" and not the copycat?

TheAxtmann says thanks to Quester for this post.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:19 PM   #66
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

Darn, jhan beat me to it
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:20 PM   #67
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Okay, thanks. I have another copy of my passport photo anyway, they gave me two at Shoppers when I had it done for my student card. So theoretically it would be best to stop at this Commons place before heading to my res, since they'll just send me there anyway?
Yeah, you need to pick up your key to open your door anyways. You should also go pick up your MacPass while you're at it. That will be in the middle of campus somewhere. By the time you get back everything should be in front of your door.

TheAxtmann says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:23 PM   #68
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

Can we miss that welcome song by going to pick up our keys while the car is waiting?
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:25 PM   #69
TheAxtmann

Okay awesome! I'm planning on showing up at like 8am, hitting up Commons (MacPass is there aswell?) and then getting moved into Res ASAP. Ridiculously excited for move in.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:27 PM   #70
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
Can we miss that welcome song by going to pick up our keys while the car is waiting?
Why would you want to do that?
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:27 PM   #71
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Okay awesome! I'm planning on showing up at like 8am, hitting up Commons (MacPass is there aswell?) and then getting moved into Res ASAP. Ridiculously excited for move in.
The Macpass will be in the middle of campus under a big tent. You can't miss it ^-^
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:28 PM   #72
niteskie
Elite Member

Liked: 45 Times

idk, I don't like being the center of attention.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:30 PM   #73
TheAxtmann

Holy crap! There's a welcome song? Epic. Just doubled my excitement.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:31 PM   #74
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by niteskie View Post
idk, I don't like being the center of attention.
Me neither, but it's always fun

daisy likes this.
Old 08-20-2009 at 11:41 PM   #75
Black.Mamba

Liked: 13 Times

Sorry if someone asked this already, but whats the theme for Hedden Hall? I heard that all dorms have themes during welcome week?