MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF is in the forest behind Hedden?! Sintos General Discussion 21 10-14-2010 06:38 PM
Hedden Hall Hilarity First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-18-2010 11:34 PM
Hedden '09 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 80 08-31-2009 03:34 PM
Hedden '08 Chad Hedden Hall Forum 41 08-19-2008 04:05 PM
Hedden Hall - Refrigerator cowcow Hedden Hall Forum 4 07-25-2008 05:42 PM

Hedden Hall '07

Old 08-29-2007 at 05:22 PM   #31
Chris

Liked: 1 Time

does anyone know if the droors in the desks have a lock on them?? i need a safe place to keep my laptop. I know i can just lock te door but i have two roomates who may forget to lock it. maybe im just being paranoid but this thing cost me 2000 bucks, i'd like to make sure it doesn't get stolen haha.
Old 08-29-2007 at 09:08 PM   #32
lucc

Liked: 0 Times

My solution was to bring a small lockable filing cabinet (about 3ft x 1ft x 1ft) which I was able to fit beside my bed. I used it to keep all my "valuables" including my laptop, camera, iPod, etc. in there and locked it whenever I wasn't using them or when I was out of my room for any extended period of time. Not that I didn't trust my roommates but who knows what can happen... Also, get a laptop lock and attach it to something unmoveable (for example, don't loop your laptop lock around the leg of a desk because the desk can be lifted up!) But the filing cabinet worked great for me... If someone wanted to steal my stuff they'd have a hell of a time getting away with it!
Old 08-29-2007 at 10:17 PM   #33
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

No, none of the desks have places that can be locked up from what I know.

You could do something like lucc suggested. Also, you will be told explicitly by the RLS team to always make sure your door is locked. That can thwart theft too.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 08-29-2007 at 11:53 PM   #34
Chris

Liked: 1 Time

thanks,
but i have a bunk nd loft room... i don't know if i'l have room for a file cabinet....
Old 08-30-2007 at 06:01 AM   #35
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

it is likely you will have space for a little one. you just may need to stack it on something.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-20-2007
Afrisa
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 04-02-2008 at 05:01 PM   #36
rakib

hi, i was wandering whether i should join hedden hall or something different. I am joining in 2008 sept...and want to know any1 interested...in sharing bunk and triple loft room???
Old 04-02-2008 at 05:31 PM   #37
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

rakib,

for you to get the same room assignment with someone you know, you both need to fill out the same preferences, ranked in the same order and list each other as roommates.

Old 04-02-2008 at 05:34 PM   #38
rakib

hi, actually i dont know any1 in macmaster.....i am still in high skool....but i will join this coming sept....so i wandering..may be find some1...know...and then it would be easier to live with him...or her...in the residence...
Old 04-02-2008 at 05:41 PM   #39
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

you can only live with someone of your gender.

lots of people don't know anyone going to mcmaster. i didn't, and i lived with someone i didn't know...most of the friends i made in first year did. it's part of the first year experience while living in res.

Old 04-02-2008 at 06:11 PM   #40
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,731 Times

• Most first year students are housed with roommates.
  • We will ask you to tell us about yourself as part of the online application.
  • We guarantee one roommate request if:
    • both of you have received residence offers.
    • both individuals have met the residence application and deposit deadline (dates).
    • both have ranked their preferences identically, and
    • both have requested each other as roommates.
  • Listing more than one roommate request will forfeit the guaranteed of rooming with a friend.
  • Groups of three or four students wishing to live together in a bunk and loft triple, triple or quad room only may contact Residence Admissions for further information at: [email protected] r.ca
Details here
Old 05-26-2008 at 10:24 PM   #41
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

bath tubs
So I was trying to decide which rez to rank highest, and I need to have access to a bath tub (allergies, long story....) and I was wondering what the bathtubs are like in Hedden. I saw them at [email protected], but they might look different when people are actually living there. Are they clean-ish? or are they gross? The [email protected] rep for Bates told me that he lived in Hedden and the bathtubs were really gross... THanks!
Old 05-26-2008 at 10:27 PM   #42
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

I don't think people ever used bathtubs. I was always told to NEVER use the bathtubs because of what people did to them. I always stuck to showers. If you have allergies and need a bathtub I would probably recommend your own washroom (but I don't think single washrooms come with tubs)
Old 05-26-2008 at 10:28 PM   #43
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

I lived in Whidden first year and I found that the tubs in there weren't cleaned too well by the cleaning staff either.

Unfortunately, your only option is to a) clean a tub before you use it or b) live in Keyes or Bates and have your OWN tub...which you will also have to clean.

And always remember sandals for the shower.

Old 05-26-2008 at 10:32 PM   #44
ferreinm
Elite Member

Liked: 120 Times

Do Keyes and Bates have tubs though, Danielle, or only showers?