MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
solar help jon.john23 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 07-09-2010 09:43 AM
Math 1LT3 Timings!!? Vaidawg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-02-2010 10:16 AM
SOLAR Help! lauracs First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-30-2010 03:25 AM
Under Cover Timings? loyalty General Discussion 2 08-30-2009 04:40 PM
HELP with Solar!! Anna91 General Discussion 11 07-03-2009 09:06 PM

Help with course timings and SOLAR?

Old 06-26-2011 at 04:51 PM   #1
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

Help with course timings and SOLAR?
Okay guys, I have a quick question. So, browsing through the McMaster Timetable, I notice that each course has a Core (C01, C02...) with a Tutorial (T01, T02...) and/or a Lab (L01, L02...).

So for each course I'm taking, I have to pick one core and one tutorial/lab right? What if the course has a core, tutorial AND a lab? Like chemistry 1A03. Am I suppose to pick one of each? Sorry I'm really confused...

The Life Science registration thingy opens Tuesday morning (12:01 a.m.). When I select courses, will I also be required to select the timings for the core, tutorial and labs for each course? Or will they be automatically assigned? Thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2011 at 04:56 PM   #2
abelon3

Liked: 12 Times

When you register for your classes on the 29th, you just pick the courses and what semester to have them in if the course is offered in both semester. You're automatically assigned to a core/tutorial/lab to fit your schedule. Then in August when solar reopens, you can edit when to have your cores/tutorial/labs if you want to have them at another time.

Driftking24 says thanks to abelon3 for this post.
Old 06-26-2011 at 04:57 PM   #3
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftking24 View Post
Okay guys, I have a quick question. So, browsing through the McMaster Timetable, I notice that each course has a Core (C01, C02...) with a Tutorial (T01, T02...) and/or a Lab (L01, L02...).

So for each course I'm taking, I have to pick one core and one tutorial/lab right? What if the course has a core, tutorial AND a lab? Like chemistry 1A03. Am I suppose to pick one of each? Sorry I'm really confused...

The Life Science registration thingy opens Tuesday morning (12:01 a.m.). When I select courses, will I also be required to select the timings for the core, tutorial and labs for each course? Or will they be automatically assigned? Thanks for the help.
Yes, for Chem 1A03 you pick core, tutorial and lab, however, I'm pretty sure for chem that your lab and tutorial are the same number and time slot because they alternate from one week to the next (i.e. a bi-weekly lab and bi-weekly tutorial in the same time slot). When yo go into SOLAR this week, you'll only be picking the courses, and the term if a course is offered in more than one term. You don't pick core, lab or tutorial sections until it's randomly generated. Only then can you go in and change them around to make it more suitable for you.

Driftking24 says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.

Buddastotle likes this.
Old 06-26-2011 at 06:14 PM   #4
Driftking24

Liked: 0 Times

Thank you guys.