MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what to do if conflicting courses and both courses are very required? killza Academics 11 06-12-2010 05:08 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM
Repetition of Courses: Students may repeat courses that have been failed or for which Arnold Academics 2 12-07-2008 04:39 AM

Help on Courses

Old 06-08-2012 at 02:44 AM   #1
scarletfire

Liked: 2 Times

Help on Courses
Hi people. I'm currently in 3rd year kinesiology, and I don't know what to do with my electives. Every year, we kin people have 6 kin courses and 4 electives.

Electives already taken:
Econ 1B03, 1BB3
Bio 1A03, 1M03
Math 1A03
Physics 1LS3
Linguist 1A03
Earth Sci 2WW3

I need to take Stats 2B03, and was planning on taking english 1A03 (for applying to PT), life sci 2H03 (for interest) and earth sci 2GG3. However, what with SOLAR first come first serve and the mass clicking, I ended up with stats 2B03, music 1AA3, music 2II3 and econ 2H03.

My question: should I pursue an economics minor? I have 7 electives that are flexible for 6 econ + 1 english courses to complete the minor. If I should pursue the economics minor, I'm planning on taking econ 2G03, 2GG3, 2H03, 2HH3, 2J03 and 3M03 to complete the requirements. Does it matter if I take both micro and macroeconomics at the same time, or separately? Pointers?
Old 06-08-2012 at 03:20 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

I know people who had micro and macro in their courses. Usually the step is micro then macro but I know people who had macro then micro who still did well. Macro will always be in a separate term than micro.
Old 06-08-2012 at 03:32 AM   #3
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

A minor isn't a bad idea but only if you really have the interest for it.
Also, don't make it incredibly difficult on yourself to get your required courses or any other courses. If you decide to pursue a minor, it basically means you won't be taking any other kinds of electives.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences

Last edited by Rayine : 06-08-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-08-2012 at 07:14 AM   #4
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeoku View Post
I know people who had micro and macro in their courses. Usually the step is micro then macro but I know people who had macro then micro who still did well. Macro will always be in a separate term than micro.
Are you implying that there is no micro and macro in the same term? Like 1B03 and 1BB3 are in only two different terms or are you saying that you can take either or in either term?
Old 06-08-2012 at 09:35 AM   #5
scarletfire

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by herBs View Post
Are you implying that there is no micro and macro in the same term? Like 1B03 and 1BB3 are in only two different terms or are you saying that you can take either or in either term?
You could take both micro and macro at the same time.