MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Jeff Landry's Office Hours? slobnoname Academics 1 11-27-2009 10:42 AM
Has anyone had Jeff Landry for Chem? Alchemist11 General Discussion 16 09-21-2009 06:07 PM
Jeff Renaud Spectator article HeatherH General Discussion 5 08-13-2009 11:35 AM
Jeff Renaud comes home HeatherH General Discussion 4 08-06-2009 12:20 PM

Help Find JEFF RENAUD

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:02 PM   #15
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Wha! Texas!

That's a big change. I guess if you want to change your life, that's the way to do it!

At least he won't have to deal with seasonal affective disorder.

This is great news though!

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:14 PM   #16
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times
Wowww..

Hope he's figured out his life and is doing better things.

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:25 PM   #17
temara.brown
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 352 Times
I'm just glad he's safe and has contacted his family... They've been tirelessly working towards the whole missing persons thing.

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:29 PM   #18
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Thats a very cruel thing to do to your family and friends who love you. If you want to start fresh, you could at least tell your worried parents that you're still alive.

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:32 PM   #19
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webzn View Post
Thats a very cruel thing to do to your family and friends who love you. If you want to start fresh, you could at least tell your worried parents that you're still alive.
But then you have to deal with them asking you come home all the time and asking you to call them and such. This way he (I guess) had time to get his life in order (maybe).

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:55 PM   #20
webzn

Liked: 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
But then you have to deal with them asking you come home all the time and asking you to call them and such. This way he (I guess) had time to get his life in order (maybe).
By putting your parents through hell? Can you imagine your child goes missing, and you don't know if he is alive or dead? Where he is? All so he can get his "life in order"

On the other hand, I only skimmed the articles, so I may be missing a crucial detail

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:56 PM   #21
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by webzn View Post
By putting your parents through hell? Can you imagine your child goes missing, and you don't know if he is alive or dead? Where he is? All so he can get his "life in order"
No, I can't. Luckily I'm not a parent yet.

Old 08-05-2009 at 03:57 PM   #22
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyV View Post
But clearly he did something wrong...I mean the whole city's been looking for him practically. Surely he could have told SOMEONE that he was alive?

Old 08-05-2009 at 04:05 PM   #23
DannyV
Elite Member

We don't know what his state of mind was / is. Maybe he was just looking for a way out and he finally got the chance to walk away from it all.

Old 08-05-2009 at 04:12 PM   #24
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Yeah, but though an altered state of mind is a reason to perhaps sympathize with him, it doesn't make what he did right.

Even if (giving him the benefit of the doubt of course) it is like the 3 year old who sets his house on fire with innocent intentions.

Old 08-05-2009 at 04:16 PM   #25
DannyV
Elite Member

I don't believe anyone agreed with what he did and the way he went about doing it.

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:16 PM   #26
scothoward

Liked: Liked 2 Times
His status on AMW says 'Found'

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=66810

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:34 PM   #27
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
I'm glad that he's safe and everything, but yeah it was a shitty way of going about it. However, if he wasn't safe and he was found in another condition, I probably wouldn't be saying it was shitty of him not to contact his family. So in that way, you can see that it's sort of mean to say he was being inconsiderate.

From what I can see he ran because he didn't want to pay for student loans or something, but that's what the article made it seem like in the beginning.

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:35 PM   #28
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
From what I can see he ran because he didn't want to pay for student loans or something, but that's what the article made it seem like in the beginning.
I'd say that it played a part in it, but I think it was more like he felt everything was falling apart around him, and he just ran.

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:39 PM   #29
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Yeah... I mean, I can just imagine. Failing, dropping out, having to work to support yourself and being in debt. It's a lot for someone so young.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search