MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Jeff Landry's Office Hours? slobnoname Academics 1 11-27-2009 10:42 AM
Has anyone had Jeff Landry for Chem? Alchemist11 General Discussion 16 09-21-2009 06:07 PM
Jeff Renaud Spectator article HeatherH General Discussion 5 08-13-2009 11:35 AM
Jeff Renaud comes home HeatherH General Discussion 4 08-06-2009 12:20 PM

Help Find JEFF RENAUD

Old 08-05-2009 at 10:51 PM   #30
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
So in that way, you can see that it's sort of mean to say he was being inconsiderate.
Actually, I disagree with this.

I think it's inconsiderate regardless of how it turned out. The difference is, now that he is alive and well, we feel a need to demand atonement (I mean we as human beings, not that we, personally should receive any in this case).

If God-forbid, he had come to some sort of awful end, but still neglected to give word of his safety while he could, that's still inconsiderate.

In my opinion, the only way it would not be inconsiderate would be if it weren't his fault at all...and unfortunately, that's the scenario that would be completely and utterly tragic.

Old 08-05-2009 at 11:10 PM   #31
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times
Well, I'm glad the guy is safe.

Still a bad thing to do to your family though.

Old 08-06-2009
huzaifa47
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-06-2009 at 12:35 AM   #32
jmbauman
Union Market Manager
SRA Member

Liked: 32 Times
and if Jeff decides to read any of these forums, it won't do anything for his emotions.

Jeff was my neighbour, and he is such a nice person. We should be keeping this thread full of positive notes. All that matters is that he is safe and he got in contact with his mom.

huzaifa47, temara.brown all say thanks to jmbauman for this post.

Old 08-06-2009 at 11:10 AM   #33
HeatherH
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 10 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbauman View Post
and if Jeff decides to read any of these forums, it won't do anything for his emotions.

Jeff was my neighbour, and he is such a nice person. We should be keeping this thread full of positive notes. All that matters is that he is safe and he got in contact with his mom.
I agree. It's easy to say "He left because he was embarassed about school", but there could be a million other things that we and his family don't know he was going through at the time.

Let's just be happy about the relief his family is feeling.

Old 08-06-2009 at 08:45 PM   #34
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
that guy has some guts.

Old 08-06-2009 at 09:23 PM   #35
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times
It's amazing how insensitivesome people are. We have no idea what kind of mental state he was in when he left. Many people pick up and leave without telling anyone and never come back. The good thing is he came back! And it's probably a not a good idea to minimize his reasons for leaving, because again we really have no idea what was going on when he decided to leave. Im sure reasons go beyond failing and student debt.

niteskie likes this.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search