MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to change tutorial times in SOLAR? Alchemist11 Academics 1 09-08-2010 05:20 PM
selecting a laptop Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-27-2010 10:05 PM
How do you change times for your core, lab, and tutorial for your timetable on solar memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-15-2010 12:26 PM
Does the 7 Days for Solar include payment agreement? JACrazy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-09-2010 10:40 PM
SOLAR offline from 8:30-11:30am for the next 12 DAYS Chad MacInsiders Announcements 13 06-18-2008 02:35 PM

Help with SOLAR (About selecting times and days)

Old 06-28-2009 at 12:22 PM   #1
Christopher

Liked: 0 Times

Help with SOLAR (About selecting times and days)
It was probably a mistake to have left this for the last day, but that's what I usually do anyways and it's worked pretty well. I made it into Health Sciences, and I'm looking at which electives I should choose. Anyways, I'm wondering if, tonight at midnight, I have to choose the actual days and timeslots for courses (such as psychobiology, or chemistry, which have over 40 or 50 tutorials and labs), or do I just select the course and SOLAR does the auto-assigning for me. Thanks
Old 06-28-2009 at 12:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Most probably you won't be able to choose your core, labs or tutorials. However, there may be a few courses in which you can. 2 out of my 10 courses I had to pick my sections.

You can always change them later, but only if there is space in the other sections. But usually people are always switching around.
Old 06-28-2009 at 01:03 PM   #3
karthiha

One of the required courses for Health Science students is Science 1A00 (the WHMIS and safety stuff)... is that an online course - because no dates or times show up in the timetable online... =S
Old 06-28-2009 at 01:07 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

There is no additional section for this class, no. But the guy from EOHSS comes and talks to your lab section about lab safety.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 06-28-2009 at 01:14 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
There is no additional section for this class, no. But the guy from EOHSS comes and talks to your lab section about lab safety.
Last year it was just a video online that we had to watch and then a quiz we have to complete. You need to attain a certain mark in order to pass the class... I think it was 80%?
Old 06-28-2009 at 01:32 PM   #6
karthiha

Thanks

So do we still need to sign up for this course (Science 1A00) when we do our course selection on SOLAR?
Old 06-28-2009 at 02:16 PM   #7
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

Yup, you need to register for 1A00.

It's a "prereq" for many first year courses.
Old 06-28-2009 at 02:16 PM   #8
smashpro1123

Liked: 5 Times

i'm confused for the 1A00 course too. I'm in nursing and do I still have to sign up for Nursing 1A00 in SOLAR?

l**Lol, i guess i have my answer too.
Old 06-28-2009 at 02:40 PM   #9
dilks

Liked: 4 Times

Yes you need 1A00 even though its a zero unit course. I believe technically its the same course for all science, engineering and nursing. Listed as science/engineer/nursing 1A00 under my webct. Its a mandatory safety introduction and is done online, evaluated on a pass/fail basis. This is all already mentioned but I'll restate anyway. You watch a short video then do a quiz. Last year(my first year) the quiz was out of 14 and you need at least 12. Its easy not worth worrying about, lots of people I know pulled the video up beside the quiz and did it that way. Sign up for your faculty specific 1A00 ie engineer 1A00, science 1A00, nursing 1A00 in solar.

daisy says thanks to dilks for this post.