MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Payment in 3-5 Business Days? Theashe Financial Aid 7 08-31-2010 10:36 AM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Help with SOLAR (About selecting times and days) Christopher First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 06-28-2009 02:40 PM
SOLAR offline from 8:30-11:30am for the next 12 DAYS Chad MacInsiders Announcements 13 06-18-2008 02:35 PM
SOLAR - Payment Agreement Issue 2007 Chad Financial Aid 0 08-07-2007 11:52 AM

Does the 7 Days for Solar include payment agreement?

Old 07-02-2010 at 11:21 PM   #1
JACrazy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Does the 7 Days for Solar include payment agreement?
Do I only have 7 days to be able to pay on Solar or can I still pay after the seven days end?

Last edited by JACrazy : 07-02-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 07-03-2010 at 12:01 AM   #2
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACrazy View Post
Do I only have 7 days to be able to pay on Solar or can I still pay after the seven days end?
The payment deadline is in the beginning of September. For now, you just have to confirm the Payment Agreement. You can definitely pay after the seven day period ends.
Old 07-03-2010 at 03:27 PM   #3
JACrazy

Do I have to confirm before the 7 days? I'm still waiting on the McMaster Scholarship which doesn't come until the end of July.
Old 07-03-2010 at 03:34 PM   #4
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

No, payments due by sept 1st
Old 07-03-2010 at 04:45 PM   #5
sf

Liked: 36 Times

You can confirm your payment agreement more than once, so confirm it now before the 7 days is up and then when the scholarships come out you can go back on and reconfirm it.
Old 07-03-2010 at 10:34 PM   #6
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

The payment agreement isn't part of the 7 days, it remains open every day. You don't even have to get into SOLAR to access your payment agreement. It can be accessed via the students account and cashiers link on MUGSI.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:50 PM   #7
JACrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan523 View Post
The payment agreement isn't part of the 7 days, it remains open every day. You don't even have to get into SOLAR to access your payment agreement. It can be accessed via the students account and cashiers link on MUGSI.
Thanks for clarifying everything. None of the above replies clearly answered my question.
Old 07-04-2010 at 08:57 PM   #8
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACrazy View Post
Thanks for clarifying everything. None of the above replies clearly answered my question.
Quote:
The payment deadline is in the beginning of September. For now, you just have to confirm the Payment Agreement. You can definitely pay after the seven day period ends.

I'd say that pretty clearly answers your question.

You can pay until the beginning of Sept (I think it's Sept 1, as blackdragon said). Therefore, no you don't have to pay within the 7-day window.

Quote:
You can confirm your payment agreement more than once, so confirm it now before the 7 days is up and then when the scholarships come out you can go back on and reconfirm it.

You should confirm your payment agreement now so you're fully registered, and then when your scholarship goes through you can re-confirm.

Quote:

You can access your payment agreement at any time, even when your 7 days are up, by going to MUGSI>Student Accounts & Cashiers>Payment Agreement.

Everyone answered your questions perfectly. Maybe you could be a bit more polite next time--none of these people are getting paid to help you, they're doing it just to be nice and helpful.

Old 07-04-2010 at 09:44 PM   #9
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Just so you know, if you're relying on OSAP and have chosen that as your payment method, don't worry about not getting it until after September 1st. The school is aware of that and won't charge you late fees or anything.
Old 07-09-2010 at 09:37 AM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by feonateresa View Post
Just so you know, if you're relying on OSAP and have chosen that as your payment method, don't worry about not getting it until after September 1st. The school is aware of that and won't charge you late fees or anything.
If you select OSAP and a payment option, they actually automatically deduct 60% of your OSAP (Your September entitlement) from your tuition and tell you exactly how much you need to pay on September 1st.

You still have to go pick up your OSAP though.
Old 07-09-2010 at 09:34 PM   #11
gabriela.05

Liked: 4 Times

im noticing that most of you said that the deadline to pay is sept 1st... on my payment agreement it says its open til jan 11th 2011- is that wrong? or does anyone have this as well ?

(the extended time is kinda nice...)
Old 07-09-2010 at 09:39 PM   #12
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

It's open for the whole academic term so you can amend it if necessary--Ex, you drop a term 2 course in Feb without replacing it, or you add an extra course in December for term 2. The deadline to actually pay is still Sept 1, though. My payment agreement from summer school is still open even though I finished the courses nearly a month ago (since they were term 1). It doesn't mean I had all of this time to pay, though.
Old 07-09-2010 at 10:40 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

The deadline to pay is September 1st only if you are paying in full. I suggest just reading what the payment agreement says, it is pretty much a contract.