MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the 7 Days for Solar include payment agreement? JACrazy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 07-09-2010 10:40 PM
OSAP and Payment Agreement - Payment Options Kathy2 Financial Aid 1 07-04-2010 12:53 PM
Halloween Is Only A Few Days Away! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 21 10-30-2009 05:14 PM
Test Days? blackdragon Academics 16 08-06-2009 11:31 AM
12 Days of Quarters... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-18-2009 10:20 PM

Payment in 3-5 Business Days?

Old 08-26-2010 at 09:16 AM   #1
Theashe

Liked: 29 Times

Payment in 3-5 Business Days?
I went to the bank yesterday to pay McMaster, and in MUGSI under "Pay Your Account" it still shows up with a balance of $0. Am I right in assuming this is because there's usually a wait of 3-5 business days for something like this, or should it be there already if my bank did the transfer?
Old 08-26-2010 at 10:21 AM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theashe View Post
I went to the bank yesterday to pay McMaster, and in MUGSI under "Pay Your Account" it still shows up with a balance of $0. Am I right in assuming this is because there's usually a wait of 3-5 business days for something like this, or should it be there already if my bank did the transfer?
It still takes time to process.
Old 08-31-2010 at 12:11 AM   #3
smiles

Liked: 20 Times

But do you get charged interest? Because I paid mine on Sunday and it still doesn't say I paid.
Old 08-31-2010 at 01:11 AM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles View Post
But do you get charged interest? Because I paid mine on Sunday and it still doesn't say I paid.
Presumably you paid online Sunday and if you did pay on Sunday your payment wouldn't have started processing until today since Sunday is not a business day.

Also it takes a few days for it to show up on MUGSI. If you've already sent the money you should be fine and it should show up in a few days.

Elivs.L says thanks to sew12 for this post.
Old 08-31-2010 at 07:19 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles View Post
Interest is charged on the last day of every month started September 30th. The most you could be charged is 35$, but your transaction should make it in time.
Old 08-31-2010 at 08:53 AM   #6
Elivs.L

Liked: 1 Time

same here, i paid on sat, and still haven't heard anything from mac yet, and balance still shows as 0
so when they receive the payment, should we be expecting an email or some form of acknolegment that they have received the fees?
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:18 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elivs.L View Post
same here, i paid on sat, and still haven't heard anything from mac yet, and balance still shows as 0
so when they receive the payment, should we be expecting an email or some form of acknolegment that they have received the fees?
No, you don't get any notification. You have to check your account statement. You should also note that if you paid on Saturday, your payment actually starts on Monday because Saturday and Sunday aren't business days.
Old 08-31-2010 at 10:36 AM   #8
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Just keep checking MUGSI.

Once its paid it will show your payment.

Sometimes it takes a while to show up but if you've already sent it you should be fine. Even if the payment doesn't show on MUGSI tomorrow don't panic. It always takes time for the Account Statements to be updated with current information.