MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
snow days? soltintal First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 12-09-2009 02:07 PM
Test Days? blackdragon Academics 16 08-06-2009 11:31 AM
12 Days of Quarters... Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-18-2009 10:20 PM
5 Days for the Homeless reds10 MacInsiders Announcements 3 03-22-2009 01:09 AM
Snow Days smiley12 General Discussion 2 12-17-2007 12:32 AM

Halloween Is Only A Few Days Away!

Halloween Is Only A Few Days Away!

Halloween festivities are only a day or two away! This means costumes, candy, parties, and all kinds of other things.

Did you know that the history of how Halloween started is actually much, much different than how we celebrate it in the present? Check out this archived MacInsiders article on the Real History of Halloween.

On Friday the Maroons are doing their thirtieth annual hike in the Westdale community! The Maroons will be helping elementary students from G.R. Allen Elementary school carve pumpkins and go on jack o lantern-lit hike of Cootes. For more information, on helping out, check out their Facebook event.

Do you have your costume ready yet? If you don't, check Rishima Talwar's recent article on quick and easy Halloween costumes!

Not sure what you're doing on Halloween night? There is always the option to hang out with friends and/or to go to a bar or club. But if you miss going out Trick Or Treating, why not help out with Trick or Eat? You go door to door in your Halloween costume asking for food donations to help the local Hamilton community...and some people do give you candy to eat too! For more information check out this announcement.

temara.brown likes this.
Published by
MacInsiders VP

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 10-29-2009 at 11:30 AM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
I still need a math costume idea. ):

Old 10-29-2009 at 11:37 AM   #3
Buttle

Liked: 58 Times
"all kinds of other things"

Buttle loves his booze.

Old 10-29-2009 at 12:13 PM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowicz View Post
I still need a math costume idea. ):
OMG I can't remember what it's called...but the Engineering calculus/math monster...

Or check out this thread: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...83 305AA3nM8p

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-29-2009 at 01:20 PM   #5
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times
so, what is everyone doing for halloween? I don't think i will be doing much as i have a midterm on monday :(

Old 10-29-2009 at 01:41 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times
Homework. Same as every year.

I've got so much work to do in November I'll be lucky if I get six hours of sleep a night.

BUT! I plan on watching Nightmare Before Christmas this weekend.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 10-29-2009 at 01:53 PM   #7
caroline54

Liked: 10 Times
I might go to Halloween Haunt at Wonderland .... if the weather decides to be nice.

Old 10-29-2009 at 05:47 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times
doing nothing except assignments, study planning to appear on tests week after next... and also having no ideas for a custom costume and no time/money for a Dante (DMC) costume

Old 10-29-2009 at 06:28 PM   #9
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times
I always wanted to go as Pyramid Head from Silent Hill... I'm just too fat to pull it off.. >:

I also am not doing anything for halloween as I lack a social life. Maybe I'll just get a horror movie or two.

xo.monica likes this.

Old 10-29-2009 at 07:50 PM   #10
Kevin S

Liked: 128 Times
I'm also going to Halloween Haunt with bunch of my friends.

Old 10-29-2009 at 07:58 PM   #11
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times
Does anybody know if it's dress up night tonight at 1280?

Old 10-29-2009 at 08:03 PM   #12
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times
i think so ...i went to La Pizza to get food and I saw people dressed up (but dont quote me on this...I would feel bad if you went dressed up and it was not dress up night! lol)

Old 10-29-2009 at 08:10 PM   #13
myoozik

Liked: 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manu View Post
i think so ...i went to La Pizza to get food and I saw people dressed up (but dont quote me on this...I would feel bad if you went dressed up and it was not dress up night! lol)
ahhaha that's exactly what i'm worried about

Old 10-29-2009 at 08:58 PM   #14
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times
woo halloween... to bad i'm knee deep in assignments, quizzes, essay's, presentations. at least saturday should be enjoyable.

Old 10-30-2009 at 12:35 PM   #15

Liked: 8 Times
If you are really busy check out Trick or Eat, its only three hours long and a bunch of fun. Plus you get to do some good and really promote a positive student image in the neighborhood. just remember registration is mandatory.

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search