iPhone 4 Plan IbrahimH Computers & Tech 17 08-03-2010 01:41 PM
Who else got an iPhone 4? juntom10 Computers & Tech 15 08-03-2010 01:34 PM

Help with Unlocking & Jailbreaking iPhone 3G

Old 10-31-2010 at 04:09 PM   #1
Lifejacket

Liked: Liked 6 Times

Help with Unlocking & Jailbreaking iPhone 3G
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an iPhone 3G. It is running 3.1.3 and is jailbroken and unlocked. Am I safe to update to 4.1, then jailbreak it with Pwnage Tool and then unlock it with Ultrasn0w? I don't want to update and then be unable to unlock it. I keep reading stuff about Basebands but really don't understand what they are.

Any help would be appreciated!
Josh
Old 10-31-2010 at 05:27 PM   #2
icecubz
Trollin Ain't Easy

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifejacket View Post
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased an iPhone 3G. It is running 3.1.3 and is jailbroken and unlocked. Am I safe to update to 4.1, then jailbreak it with Pwnage Tool and then unlock it with Ultrasn0w? I don't want to update and then be unable to unlock it. I keep reading stuff about Basebands but really don't understand what they are.

Any help would be appreciated!
Josh
My iPhone 3G was on version 4.1 and I jailbroke it with Greenpois0n. I used greenpois0n for my iPad as well and they both work great. I've heard some mixed reviews abt ultrasn0w, so I don't know if it's advisable to use it. :S
Old 10-31-2010 at 09:14 PM   #3
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=4560 6

Wait about a week if you`re really worried, an unlock for iOS4.1 is apparently coming out soon