MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
who has the iPhone 4 Juve Computers & Tech 61 12-19-2010 05:00 PM
iPhone 4 Plan IbrahimH Computers & Tech 17 08-03-2010 01:41 PM
Who else got an iPhone 4? juntom10 Computers & Tech 15 08-03-2010 01:34 PM
Mac Email -- iphone?? gillybean Computers & Tech 4 03-31-2010 07:37 PM
Silhouette Stock Challenge! $500 in Prizes!! jeffgreen MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-26-2010 04:47 PM

iPhone 4 Stock

Old 09-30-2010 at 07:00 PM   #1
Elliott779

Liked: 35 Times

iPhone 4 Stock
Hey MI,

Does anyone where they have iPhone 4's in stock? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the past 2 weeks, but it seems like not one store has any in.

Which is odd, because I keep hearing my friends talk about how they "just impulse bought an iPhone 4!" ... seems strange for a product that's not in stock :-)

Anyhow, I figured someone might know of a town that had some in, or at least some advice.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2010 at 07:06 PM   #2
healthsci1
Elite Member

Liked: 113 Times

if you live in a basement, i suggest you reconsider getting an iphone 4. It has terrible signal in basements compared to a 9700. I have had 20 dropped calls in the basement.
Old 09-30-2010 at 07:16 PM   #3
TheBrickWall
Elite Member

Liked: 46 Times

you can order it online
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:09 PM   #4
MacAttk

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1 View Post
if you live in a basement, i suggest you reconsider getting an iphone 4. It has terrible signal in basements compared to a 9700. I have had 20 dropped calls in the basement.
I'm in my basement right now with my iPhone 4. Full bars.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:10 PM   #5
MacAttk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott779 View Post
Hey MI,

Does anyone where they have iPhone 4's in stock? I've been looking EVERYWHERE for the past 2 weeks, but it seems like not one store has any in.

Which is odd, because I keep hearing my friends talk about how they "just impulse bought an iPhone 4!" ... seems strange for a product that's not in stock :-)

Anyhow, I figured someone might know of a town that had some in, or at least some advice.

Thanks!
Are you trying to buy one outright for full price or under contract with a carrier?
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:14 PM   #6
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,656 Times

Just get an HTC Phone with Android.

Android >>>>> iPhone OS.

Entropy, sew12 like this.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:14 PM   #7
Elliott779

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
Are you trying to buy one outright for full price or under contract with a carrier?
Under contract. I current have a contract with Bell (with only 2 months remaining) but my current phone recently broke, so they've offered me a pretty sweet plan. Which is also why I'm so desperate, I can't stand not having a working phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthsci1
Most of my classes are either in the basement of TSH or the basement of ITB, any idea on what the reception is like in those buildings?
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:16 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
Most of my classes are either in the basement of TSH or the basement of ITB, any idea on what the reception is like in those buildings?
ITB is good, TSH is mostly terrible (since most classes are in the basement).
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:16 PM   #9
Elliott779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Just get an HTC Phone with Android.

Android >>>>> iPhone OS.
I've looked into it. My current (broken) phone is an HTC Touch. Although it runs WM, I'm not a big fan of the hardware. Android is appealing for the customization ability and root access, but I'm deterred by the much smaller userbase compared to the iPhone, meaning far fewer apps available
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:19 PM   #10
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Quote:
I've looked into it. My current (broken) phone is an HTC Touch.
That's one of the worst phones ever made. HTC has learned from their mistakes.

Quote:
Although it runs WM, I'm not a big fan of the hardware. Android is appealing for the customization ability and root access, but I'm deterred by the much smaller userbase compared to the iPhone, meaning far fewer apps available
Not really; almost all iPhone apps have an android equivalent, which is usually free. The programming language of Android phones (Java) is much easier for developers to adapt to than the very obscure "Objective-C" that the iPhone uses.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:21 PM   #11
MacAttk

Quote:
Under contract. I current have a contract with Bell (with only 2 months remaining) but my current phone recently broke, so they've offered me a pretty sweet plan. Which is also why I'm so desperate, I can't stand not having a working phone.
So you want it with Bell?
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:23 PM   #12
Elliott779

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttk View Post
So you want it with Bell?
Ya, that's the plan. I've tried matching the plan I have with one from rogers or telus, they're consistently over $40 more
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:25 PM   #13
Elliott779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Not really; almost all iPhone apps have an android equivalent, which is usually free. The programming language of Android phones (Java) is much easier for developers to adapt to than the very obscure "Objective-C" that the iPhone uses.
The one advantage is that I could write my own apps for the phone (with Android). I do have an unlocked HTC Dream, but Bell won't give me a SIM card unless I resign a contract.

I could always get the iPhone AND use the Dream - I'm sure there's a microSIM to SIM card adapter somewhere out there
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:35 PM   #14
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 473 Times

Go for an Android phone.

I wanted to switch to a smart phone this summer and I really wanted to get an iPhone 4. Obviously they were really hard to come by so I was just like screw it and I looked into other phones. I decided on an Android based smart phone instead and I love it.

Roger's doesn't have any of the really good HTC offerings so I decided on the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and I really like it. Just waiting for my 2.1 upgrade. Its shame its not getting Froyo but I'm still really pleased with the phone and the OS overall.
Old 09-30-2010 at 08:56 PM   #15
Carefree

Liked: 25 Times

Rogers is releasing the Samsung Galaxy S (aka Vibrant from Bell) in mid-October. It will be called the Samsung Captivate with Rogers and is quite possibly the best Android phone in Canada. The HTC desire from Telus is back in stock today and is probably the second best Android phone, it gets 2.2 (Froyo) in October.