MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Phone 5G mfattal General Discussion 14 07-21-2011 09:11 PM
Help with Unlocking & Jailbreaking iPhone 3G Lifejacket General Discussion 2 10-31-2010 09:14 PM
Internet, Home phone, tv and cell phone bill **jewel 03** General Discussion 15 10-15-2009 07:29 PM
Which Phone? bilalbagha General Discussion 60 08-26-2009 03:20 PM

help with unlocking a phone

Old 01-26-2013 at 12:07 AM   #1
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

help with unlocking a phone
I've got a nokia lumina 900 with Rogers as the carrier. However, I wish to move to koodo. Firstly, how can find out my IMEI #, the reason being that I cant find my phone box ? Secondly, what exactly should I do in order to be able to have the phone unlocked. Can I get it done at any electronic store or should I go with the online unlocking services available although I dont quite trust online websites with my credit card #'.

I currently have a phone with koodo (no contract). Would I be able to switch to nokia lumina with my existing koodo chip from my existing koodo phone or do I have to purchase a new chip from the koodo store ?
Old 01-26-2013 at 12:18 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
I've got a nokia lumina 900 with Rogers as the carrier. However, I wish to move to koodo. Firstly, how can find out my IMEI #, the reason being that I cant find my phone box ? Secondly, what exactly should I do in order to be able to have the phone unlocked. Can I get it done at any electronic store or should I go with the online unlocking services available although I dont quite trust online websites with my credit card #'.

I currently have a phone with koodo (no contract). Would I be able to switch to nokia lumina with my existing koodo chip from my existing koodo phone or do I have to purchase a new chip from the koodo store ?
You can usually find the IMEI number underneath the battery in the phone. Use the online services; the stores rip you off pretty hard usually. Just look for one with good reviews. I've used them a few times and the big name ones are all reputable.

ZSimon likes this.
Old 01-26-2013 at 12:36 AM   #3
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

honestly do what dillon says. i know you want to be frugal and save money but the time you'll spend finding a tool will outweigh the benefits. just use online services + the IMEI.
Old 01-26-2013 at 01:26 AM   #4
Kevinabrahak

Liked: 8 Times

my current koodo sim card seems a little big for the nokia lumina 900 sim card slot. I can't get the sim card to sit in properly for my nokia though ?
Old 01-26-2013 at 03:11 AM   #5
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinabrahak View Post
my current koodo sim card seems a little big for the nokia lumina 900 sim card slot. I can't get the sim card to sit in properly for my nokia though ?
well... shit. you gotta get a new sim card to match 5-15$ with most providers. rogers is sometimes ncie and gives it free
Old 01-26-2013 at 02:33 PM   #6
john32443

Liked: 0 Times

You can get the IMEI on any GSM phone (Phone was a SIM card) by going to the dialer and typing *#06#
Old 03-15-2013 at 01:09 PM   #7
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
You can usually find the IMEI number underneath the battery in the phone. Use the online services; the stores rip you off pretty hard usually. Just look for one with good reviews. I've used them a few times and the big name ones are all reputable.

Hey, Which online services would you recommend? The few Ive found (for my Galaxy Ace) are going to charge $32, is this normal? Or overpriced?

Thanks
Old 03-15-2013 at 02:39 PM   #8
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 414 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Hey, Which online services would you recommend? The few Ive found (for my Galaxy Ace) are going to charge $32, is this normal? Or overpriced?

Thanks
http://www.freeyourandroid.c om/gui...ac e-g10-mini
http://theunlockr.com/2012/11/22/how...axy-ace-s5830/

You can do it yourself pretty easily.

Melanieee says thanks to Afzal for this post.