MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG -timetable MIpolice First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-12-2010 10:33 AM
writting a test in the wrong room ThatGuy Academics 9 11-03-2009 05:27 PM
Wrong Address goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2009 03:01 AM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Help! Wrote ALL my exams in the wrong room!

Old 12-11-2008 at 05:58 PM   #1
Kurt_

Liked: 0 Times

Help! Wrote ALL my exams in the wrong room!
Well, I'm not panicking because I'm sure they're not going to give me zero on it, because I DID write the exams.

TLTR: What do I do now?

Long Version: Having never used or even been near IWC, I wasn't aware there was only one building. Last name being Bernasch, I was put in gym 1, section 1(or 2) the entire time. Great, except like I said, I don't know much about IWC, and I assumed there was more than one. So when I read "IWC 1 (2)", I assumed it meant Ivor Wynn Centre #1, Gym 2. I didn't even clue in to the section numbers. However, I JUST realized this mistake. So, all the exams I wrote so far (3 out of 4) have been in the wrong gym, in a wrong section.

I'm sure I'm not the first person in the history of McMaster to screw this up so royally. What's the next step? What do I do now?

Will they notify me? Do I need to make the first move?

Any help is, obivously, greatly appreciated.
Old 12-11-2008 at 06:00 PM   #2
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

As long as you wrote the exam for your class, as in you didn't write an exam for a class you didn't take, then you should be fine. The sections are only so that there is enough room for everyone.

Again, as long as you wrote the RIGHT exam for the RIGHT course, you should be fine.

Old 12-11-2008 at 06:15 PM   #3
Kurt_

Don't need to let anyone know about anything?
Old 12-11-2008 at 06:17 PM   #4
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

As long as you wrote the right exam then no. I've written in a different section than what was assigned to me before and I've never had a problem. Like I said, the sections are there just to make sure everyone gets a seat without having to run between gyms.

Old 12-11-2008 at 06:55 PM   #5
bauhaual

Well you couldn't have been in the completely wrong Gym, because if you were then you wouldn't have even written the correct exam - so as long as you wrote the exam for the correct class (which i assume you did otherwise you would have been like 'I don't understand any of these questions' - therefore you're probably okay.
Old 12-11-2008 at 07:17 PM   #6
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Actually bauhaual, sometimes they do split up exams between two gyms, usually between IWC 2 and 3, I've had it happen to me before!

Old 12-11-2008 at 07:39 PM   #7
Kurt_

Yeah. It's lucky that first year engineering has a large amount of students.
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:38 PM   #8
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_ View Post
Yeah. It's lucky that first year engineering has a large amount of students.
Well, not really. If you had been in the wrong room, you would have realized that the exam you were sitting in front of wasn't for your class and you could have been redirected to the correct room.

On a side note, anyone besides me get freaked out by sitting in front of the wrong exam? I sat down for my German exam the other day, and the first question was asking me which of the following were music styles from the baroque era.

Luckily I was just in the wrong row. Imagine how confused I was. lol :p
Old 12-11-2008 at 08:48 PM   #9
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
Well, not really. If you had been in the wrong room, you would have realized that the exam you were sitting in front of wasn't for your class and you could have been redirected to the correct room.

On a side note, anyone besides me get freaked out by sitting in front of the wrong exam? I sat down for my German exam the other day, and the first question was asking me which of the following were music styles from the baroque era.

Luckily I was just in the wrong row. Imagine how confused I was. lol :p

lol Classic! Almost every first year does that. You learn to read the titles of the exams as you walk by to find out what row you should be in. As long as you noticed before you wrote your name... lol

Old 12-12-2008 at 01:40 PM   #10
nh999
Elite Member

Liked: 15 Times

The room/section assignments are there to keep things organized. For example, we can't just tell everyone "go to one of IWC 1, IWC 2, or ABB for your ____ exam", because then we obviously can't guarantee that people will split amongst them in the right numbers.

As long as you got a seat and you wrote the right exam, you are fine. There are likely many others who made the same (minor) mistake as you.
Old 12-14-2008 at 01:01 PM   #11
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times

Yikes that's scary, but it worries me that an invigilator will lose one of my exams or parts of one, since they sorta just carry it around. No offense to any of those guys who have immense patience, but my life hangs in the balance when exams are worth a third of my grade or more. ;P
Old 12-14-2008 at 01:28 PM   #12
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

I have never heard of an invigilator losing an exam. Besides, you sign your name on the seating chart, thus proving that you sat and wrote the exam. Don't worry yourself about things that haven't happened yet, you're going to drive yourself crazy that way.

Old 12-14-2008 at 01:29 PM   #13
mikefung

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
lol Classic! Almost every first year does that. You learn to read the titles of the exams as you walk by to find out what row you should be in. As long as you noticed before you wrote your name... lol
That almost happened to me too. I was sitting for my macroeconomics in IWC and when I first look at the exam paper, it says Commerce 2-something. I was freaking out. Then I realize there was 3 courses' exams going on in the same gym.:drin king08:
Old 12-14-2008 at 01:35 PM   #14
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Hehehehehe. I've done it too. I almost did it this term too actually. One of my classes was cross listed with like... 4 others (don't ask me why) and the first listing was not what I was expecting... it said 3D03 and I was looking for 3W03 but the other row was a second year commerce class and I was like "uh... wtf?". Thankfully my classmate pointed out my blonde moment to me

Old 12-15-2008 at 04:20 PM   #15
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Ahaha.

What would you do without me?

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement