MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's wrong with my OSAP? GregoryVV Financial Aid 1 08-17-2010 01:04 AM
Wrong Version # on Test... slobnoname Academics 10 11-14-2009 08:06 PM
Wrong Address goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-30-2009 03:01 AM
Help! Wrote ALL my exams in the wrong room! Kurt_ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 18 12-18-2008 09:35 AM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

writting a test in the wrong room

Old 10-30-2009 at 07:07 PM   #1
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

writting a test in the wrong room
Hey, I know someone who wrote their test in the wrong room for psych and they're freaking out... it says that the test will not be graded if you write it in the wrong room.
So, I was just wondering if there is a way it can still be graded or if she should just drop the course?
thanks
Old 10-30-2009 at 07:15 PM   #2
Buttle

Liked: 58 Times

Sometimes it's just an empty threat. Other times, the prof is being serious with that demand. Tell your friend to talk to the prof asap. Either way, your friend made a dumb decision.
Old 10-30-2009 at 07:22 PM   #3
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

ya i know.... she thought she was in C12 but was actually in C21. I guess the stress got to her, atleast thats what im telling her.. not that she made an idiotic mistake
Old 10-30-2009 at 09:31 PM   #4
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
ya i know.... she thought she was in C12 but was actually in C21. I guess the stress got to her, atleast thats what im telling her.. not that she made an idiotic mistake
It would probably be more honest of her to tell the prof she truly made an idiotic (She doesn't have to use that word) mistake instead of feeding him some bs about stress. Most students get stressed about tests and midterms. She should just admit she made a mistake with the numbers and tell the prof she would appreciate it if her test was graded.

Personally I think despite the threat it would be completely unreasonable of the Prof to say he won't mark the test even though she wrote it. People make mistakes, its unfortunate and will probably cause a bit of inconvenience since they organized it a certain way but she studied and wrote the test and deserves a mark.
Old 10-30-2009 at 10:00 PM   #5
Taunton
Elite Member

Liked: 598 Times

Generally they make that threat to avoid having thousands of students writing in the wrong place (causing seat shortages/mass confusion)... the handful who genuinely make mistakes will probably not be penalized. Just make sure she speaks to the prof and is honest.
Old 10-30-2009 at 10:23 PM   #6
McIntyre

Liked: 173 Times

As the Senior TA for the course, I can say that it will still be marked. The reason we say that is because if a lot of people make this mistake, we NEED to be able to accommodate those individuals who are supposed to be writing a test in a particular room first because they are in the right place. So tell you friend not to worry, she doesn't even need to come in, it will be graded along with all of the other scantrons!
Old 10-31-2009 at 12:39 AM   #7
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

It will still be graded, don't worry. (Straight from McIntyre's mouth!)

Often times the tests are jumbled up into a massive pile and not really graded in alphabetical order or anything anyway...but it would be really tedious if nobody stayed consistent, as you can imagine.

Certainly do not drop the course. Things are always able to be fixed.
Old 10-31-2009 at 03:28 AM   #8
WekSos

Liked: 24 Times

Don't they go around asking you to sign a sheet with your name and student number on it.. ?
Old 11-03-2009 at 03:25 PM   #9
williamhend

Liked: 0 Times

usually writing in the wrong room is ok, they all go to the same prof. Just make sure the test you wrote had your prof's name on it for your section and not someone else's
Old 11-03-2009 at 05:27 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Isn't the main reason that they assign rooms is to accomodate all the students? If they just had rooms with tests in them, then chances are more people would be in one room than another and thus some students wouldn't be able to write their test (or they would have to run to another room). I really think it's just to organize the students so everyone gets a test.