MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
chem petruci 9th edition online version? cellphone Academics 22 08-31-2010 07:38 AM
What would u do if u have the PDF version textbooks Kayee First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 19 08-27-2010 08:53 AM
writting a test in the wrong room ThatGuy Academics 9 11-03-2009 05:27 PM
Am I doing something wrong here? kacey24 Academics 4 09-29-2007 10:09 PM

Wrong Version # on Test...

Old 11-14-2009 at 11:41 AM   #1
slobnoname

Liked: 0 Times

Wrong Version # on Test...
Hi there

So I wrote a chem midterm last night, and I stupidly forgot to fill in the version number at the beginning of the test even though it's pretty much drilled into our heads to do so.. So near the end of the test I realized this and was intently trying to do the test, so I glanced at the front for the version, saw "Term Test #2" and filled in version 2.

However, last night I was looking at my test paper, as we get to keep them, and I suddenly realized it says "Version 3" at the bottom.. Yes, I know that was incredibly dumb of me.. but what can I do?! Where do I go? Will they let me change the version #? They already posted answers for one version so I don't know..

Thanks
Old 11-14-2009 at 11:51 AM   #2
Matthew K

Liked: 70 Times

The best thing I can think of is to email either your Prof or IA and explain the situation.
Old 11-14-2009 at 12:03 PM   #3
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

Contact your professor, they'll be able to cross-reference your version number's answer key with the one you incorrectly selected. Presumably, if your score goes up by a lot (ie. not just random chance) then the prof will make the adjustment for you.

Remember, tests really are to determine what you know (and not just to be mean to students). So putting down the wrong version number is not a fair indicator of what you know, and so your prof should be happy to accomodate you.
Old 11-14-2009 at 02:08 PM   #4
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

Yeah, you should talk to the lab co-ordinator. I'm not sure who it is now that Dr. Landry is teaching, but they'll be able to make sure your test gets marked properly. The same thing happened to me in first year (although I just forgot about the version number completely).
Old 11-14-2009 at 04:01 PM   #5
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Liked: 553 Times

They posted up the answers for one of the versions? I don't see it on ELM.

And Andrew, Dr. Landry is also the lab co-ordinator as well.

Marlowe says thanks to Alchemist11 for this post.
Old 11-14-2009 at 04:16 PM   #6
slobnoname

Thanks everyone. So I guess I should email Barbier over elm and explain the situation?

And I'm in first year eng, so if you are too then yeah, they did post them. Maybe not for life sci.
Old 11-14-2009 at 04:33 PM   #7
Alchemist11
Elite Member

Ah, engineering. They didn't post up the science (1A03) answers. Thanks anyway though
Old 11-14-2009 at 06:13 PM   #8
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times

That's cool about Landry doing both, although he must have a lot on his plate now.

You should probably just directly email Landry, Barbier will probably tell you to talk to him. (Although it couldn't hurt to email both at the same time).

Although that's assuming that Landry is the coordinator for both Eng and Sci... I always assumed he was, but now I'm not sure.
Old 11-14-2009 at 06:15 PM   #9
slobnoname

Thanks a lot. I just emailed Landry so we'll see what happens.. Hopefully it will get sorted out without too many problems.
Old 11-14-2009 at 08:02 PM   #10
Alchemist11
Elite Member

It'll be fine, the only problem is
You have to wait until all the marks are up on ELM (and see your 15-30%, haha) and then go to him. Until then, all the scantrons aren't alphabetized and he's not going to search through hundreds to find yours specifically.
Old 11-14-2009 at 08:06 PM   #11
slobnoname

Ohh okay. I actually calculated what I would've gotten with my incorrect version #, and it's a a 35%. Decent :p