MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
back to back classes? mandee08 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 36 08-20-2009 11:59 PM
Going back to (Med) School samikas Academics 22 07-21-2009 12:26 AM
And We're Back! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 21 06-29-2009 02:47 AM
When do we come back? J-Met General Discussion 2 12-30-2008 11:59 PM
We'll be back soon! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 12-12-2006 09:54 PM

He's Back...

Old 03-31-2011 at 07:53 AM   #46
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLN View Post

From the quotes below, you can see that this is a case of severe prejudice. The same feeling of distrust was still elicited in a face of legitimate charity group hosted by students.
How does that indicate I am prejudiced? It indicates I am sensitive to having a certain amount of personal space, and when I feel that space is invaded (ie, be approached and asked for money I do not know), I am disinclined to do what they want me to. Read a more, you'll notice I said I do participate in legitimate charity events (ie bake sales), given I initiate them (ie, I approach them). Not only does the man invade my space, strike one, but his legitimacy is doubtful and cannot be verified, strike two.

I'm starting to wonder if your trolling, honestly, "innocent and kind?"

You say we're making accusations and defamations without proof. Are you not doing to opposite (ie promotions), assuming he is a nice and great person despite never meeting him? Is that not the same issue? Or is it okay because what you say/think is nice?

Last edited by britb : 03-31-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2011 at 08:19 AM   #47
Noodle

Liked: 19 Times

Quote:
Evidence to the contrary? I still don't see the evidence even when I repeatedly ask for it.

Just to be more clear:
  • How is he scamming others?
  • How is he a physical threat to students?
Let's assume that he is not scamming anyone, does that still make it alright for someone to try to sell things to students while they are trying to study? If he wasn't deaf would that make a difference in your judgement?

I don't know anything really about laws, but I'm sure its not legal for him to be selling things on private property (it should be safe to assume that McMaster is private property). He also is not a physical threat, but he is definitely in the wrong for trying to sell stuff to us without approval from the school (if he was approved I would assume he would be in the atrium at a table). Plus I don't know about you but I would feel creeped out if a stranger that approached me while I was alone.
Old 03-31-2011 at 09:11 AM   #48
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

This guy came into Saigon Asian once when I was working and walked around to each table trying to give them a card/get a donation. I was pretty sure he wasn't allowed to do this in the restaurant and people were getting kind of uncomfortable turning him down. I figured my boss wouldn't appreciate it either so I tried to get his attention by tapping him on the shoulder, gesturing that he stop etc. and he COMPLETELY ignored me... just continued walking around... I thought it was really weird.
Old 03-31-2011 at 11:21 AM  
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 03-31-2011 at 11:28 AM   #49
kanthamd

Liked: 8 Times

Quote:
OH! Where I can buy those T-shirts you guys wear? The "I love Pho!" one. You think you can arrange a free one? I will be your human advertising board around campus.
One of the ladies in the kitchen went to Vietnam and got them. They come in like, 6 colours, but we only ever got the navy blue . lol I don't work there anymore but I think if you went in there and pitched it as advertising, she would consider giving you one.
Old 03-31-2011 at 11:31 AM  
mfattal
Elite Member

Liked: 85 Times

maybe he is on Macinsiders wonder who
Old 03-31-2011 at 11:31 AM   #50
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanthamd View Post
One of the ladies in the kitchen went to Vietnam and got them. They come in like, 6 colours, but we only ever got the navy blue . lol I don't work there anymore but I think if you went in there and pitched it as advertising, she would consider giving you one.
Darn! I was secretly hoping you were the girl that serve me the other day.

Seems like a nice place to work. Hopefully you found a better job though and didn't get fired.