MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Positions: Scotia Global Risk Management Hiring For Summer! Alison MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-08-2010 03:04 PM
HSR Summer passes for Summer Students? aviaf General Discussion 3 05-13-2009 03:52 AM

Hess during the summer?

Old 06-21-2010 at 10:19 AM   #1
kathyt.25

Liked: 0 Times

Hess during the summer?
Is Hess St. busy on weekends during the summer? How about Taphouse?
Old 06-21-2010 at 10:30 AM   #2
reeves
Jedi IRL

Liked: 557 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyt.25 View Post
Is Hess St. busy on weekends during the summer? How about Taphouse?
Hess has been busy so far. Idk about Taphouse.
Old 06-21-2010 at 11:05 AM   #3
Phil

Liked: 27 Times

Hess and Taphouse kinda switch roles during the seasons.

Taphouse is probably the best indoor bar/club, so during the winter it is usually packed.

In the smmer when it is warm, a lot of people go to Hess for the patios and accessability to many different bars.

The last few weekends at Hess have been absoutely packed.
Old 06-21-2010 at 03:47 PM   #4
darkstar

Liked: 47 Times

I've been going to Hess for almost 10 years and will always be packed when the weather is nice and get even worse when schools in. It's gotten to the point where I don't even bother going there anymore. Its really changed over the years. It's great for a 6pm dinner or drinks but come 10pm I want to be as far away as possible. Granted I am a little older and at an awkward age where I'm to old for 20 year olds bars and to young for 30's crowds.

The taphouse is better in the summer as far as crowds go cause everyone wants to be outside and taphouse is not a patio destination. The maturity level is also a little higher be that a good or bad depending on your point of view.

Where you go depends more on the atmosphere your after. Hamilton is a patio city and if the place doesn't have a patios it will be way less busy than a place that does.
Old 08-17-2010 at 11:29 AM   #5
dsouzajj2010

Liked: Liked 2 Times

its like a giant block party..
earlier in the night is not so bad
however, when it comes to last call/ when people are getting ready to go home (or wherever else they may go )... the streets are packed!
lotsa fun
Old 08-18-2010 at 02:57 PM   #6
Connie712

Liked: 0 Times

Hess has been pretty packed the last couple of weekends, taphouse is usually busier during the winter
Old 08-18-2010 at 08:07 PM   #7
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

I live ON Hess, south of Main. I have to drive through the damn place to go anywhere west (ie either campus or the 403), and OH MY GOD YOU ****ING TAXIS GET OUT OF THE GOD DAMN WAY. AND YOU PEDESTRIANS, DON'T STEP IN FRONT OF MY ****ING CAR, 3700lbs > 160lbs! YOU WILL DIE!

mmmmmm yeah needless to say I'm not the partying type. In the year I've lived here (moving out in two weeks), never been there once.

macsci, RyanC like this.