MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can landlord rise my rent? penguinppy Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 12 06-23-2011 07:59 AM
1 High Five For Science Toast General Discussion 16 12-24-2010 02:37 AM
Minorities to rise significantly by 2031 jo87 General Discussion 98 03-16-2010 03:40 PM
High School Documents Serps First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 06-22-2009 04:06 PM
what high school did you go to? lorend Academics 48 08-30-2008 10:33 PM

high rise ceiling/sides of rooms

Old 06-22-2011 at 10:27 PM   #1
fusionorchid

Liked: 6 Times

high rise ceiling/sides of rooms
Which floors in Les Prince have high rise ceilings? I heard from a friend that one or two floors do, but i'm not sure which ones. Also, do odd numbered rooms or even numbered rooms face the football field?
Old 06-22-2011 at 10:54 PM   #2
WillCampbell
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 14 Times

Why is a mango posting on Macinsiders?

InvisoBill likes this.
Old 06-22-2011 at 11:02 PM   #3
Jamalf

Liked: 49 Times

1st floor and 6th floor have high ceilings and odd rooms face the forest while even rooms face the football field

fusionorchid says thanks to Jamalf for this post.

L'Étoile likes this.
Old 06-23-2011 at 12:30 AM   #4
fusionorchid

thanks! haha, mango's a nickname ^_^
Old 06-24-2011 at 02:57 PM   #5
_N/A_

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamalf View Post
1st floor and 6th floor have high ceilings and odd rooms face the forest while even rooms face the football field
The odds and evens part is wrong.

First floor is only a half floor so what I'm about to say doesn't apply to first floor.

For every other floor, rooms 1-14 will face the football field (it increases going down one wing of the hall). Then 15-about 28 will face the forest (increasing going back up the same side). And then on the other wing (since LP has both a North and a South wing for every floor but the first) from 29-somewhere in the 40s, it will be facing the forest. And then when it hits the end of that wing, it turns back around and every room from then on faces the football field.

First floor has some larger rooms (accessibility rooms and the Res Manager's Apartment) so the numbering is entirely off on first floor.

fusionorchid says thanks to _N/A_ for this post.
Old 06-25-2011 at 02:17 AM   #6
fusionorchid

Thanks Nicole! Cootes back yard it is again =)
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:33 PM   #7
Carrie Sears

Liked: 0 Times

Just a matter of opinion, but I think the high-rise ceilings in Les Prince are freakishly high-rise haha. Not the coziest setting!

As someone who spent first year faced towards the front, I can only stress how useful it serves at times! You can watch the football games when it's too cold outside, see who's walking outside, whether it's your parents to drop something off or a friend waiting for you, sidewalk conditions during the winter, and more. However! the backyard is one of the most beautiful views in on campus! You can see straight into the forest and on more than several occasions while in the study room my friends and I have caught glimpses of the deer families running through the trees! Amazing
Old 09-06-2011 at 06:17 PM   #8
Allan Jones

the high ceiling makes the room look huge
Old 09-08-2011 at 04:06 PM   #9
Life Science

yeah it's the first and sixth floors