MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History 2P03/History 2HI3 ardenelva 2nd Year Course Reviews 1 09-13-2011 08:05 PM
Psych 1x03 Or History 1bo3? schad17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-17-2010 04:48 PM
Dropping Classics, History 1A03, History 1AA3 or Poli Sci 1G06? Tallee Academics 2 08-21-2010 12:17 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM

History and Psych Birds?

Old 12-07-2009 at 11:35 AM   #1
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

History and Psych Birds?
I'm looking to do a double minor without killing myself.

Anyone have any courses they found particularly easy, as far as history goes?

Same goes for psych - anything particularly easy you remember?
Old 12-07-2009 at 11:55 AM   #2
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

Not sure for history, but I'm in psych.

Which stream of psychology are you interested in?

Ok, psych bird courses:

1) PSYCH 2TT3! Very easy course, in my opinion. Took it with Beston, who was nice, but a very easy prof (he didn't really know what he was talking about, haha). I'd say this was the easiest psych course I've taken. Very similar to Bio 1M03/1AA3 --> focused on evolution and behaviour.

2) Psych 2E03 - Sensory Processes. This is a neuroscience-y course, but Dr. Ullal is a great prof. His tests are mostly rote memorization, which means that, if you can memorize lots, you'll get very high grades in this class. It's interesting too.

3) Psych 2RA3 - The first stats course you'll need for psych. VERY easy. It's mostly high school data management. You spend the first few weeks talking about research design, then you get into descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, standard dev, variance) - pretty easy stuff. Then you do z scores and t tests. Beware though, cause 2RB3 is much more difficult.

4) Psych 2H03 - Cognition. Dr. Humphreys is awesome (and australian!) and it's a fairly easy and interesting course.

5) Psych 3FA3 - Neurobiology of Learning and Memory. It's honestly easier than it sounds. The prof is kinda iffy, and the course layout is confusing, and I can't say I've enjoyed it... but if you're looking for a high grade, this course should do the trick. The marking is quite easy compared to other third year courses. I must say, though, I DO NOT recommend this course if you want to enjoy yourself. Material is not what I expected at all.

That's about it. Hope I could help, and good luck!
Old 12-07-2009 at 03:33 PM   #3
finklej
Vice President Education

Liked: 42 Times

There are no History bird courses.
All of them require tons of reading and normally one five assignment and a 10-15 page essay.
Old 12-07-2009 at 04:49 PM   #4
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Any that were comparatively easier? That's what I'm trying to get at - I'm already planning to take history, so which are the least difficult ones.

Thanks for the Psych ideas, I'm definately look at those when I plan next year.
Old 12-07-2009 at 05:02 PM   #5
Maegs
Elite Member

Liked: 26 Times

I took Hist 2EE3 (Science and Technology) and Hist 2DD3 (Medieval 1050-1400) this year. 2EE3 had a lot of reading (textbook+articles), and a response paper to the articles due most weeks. There was also a midterm. For that class there's a LOT of terms to know for the final exam.

Hist 2DD3 had textbook and source readings, as well as a research proposal, an annotated bibliography, and a 10ish page essay due throughout the semester.

I would say that 2EE3 was easier because assignments were spread out over the semester and not worth as much, compared to the research essay for 2DD3. But it's still a lot of reading to do, and you have to write a couple pages a week