MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions about my Timetable theboywho2 Academics 10 06-25-2012 11:14 AM
Opinions on my new timetable EngineBoy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2011 09:08 PM
Be honest... BillyShears Gaming 27 02-24-2011 12:34 AM
Opinions on the strike oakster15 General Discussion 88 11-05-2009 11:51 AM

Honest opinions...

Old 08-22-2012 at 07:37 AM   #16
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

No. Not really. :S
Old 08-22-2012
Chris23
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:06 AM   #17
lt93

Liked: 69 Times

Could she get A guy? Yes, most likely. Could she get ANY guy? No, probably not. Everyone has different opinions on attractiveness and what an excellent personality is. As someone mentioned before, physical attraction is important in a relationship!
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:21 AM   #18
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

From experience, as long as she is not the most unattractive girl the world and has a good amazing personality, most guys will overlook her looks and go for her personality. There was one girl at my high school who was like this and most of my friends asked her out at one point or another. It was only after not contacting her for a year did I realize that she was unattractive.

Moral of story, if a girl has a shining personality, talk to many people and there will be no problems
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:39 AM   #19
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

NO

There is no way the most unattractive girl in the world will be able to get any guy she wants. Absolutely not.

Guys are giving honest answers cuz they're asking themselves "Would I go out with the ugliest girl in the world?" And the answer to that is obviously NO.
Girls provide positive answers because they would love to believe that guys really don't care about physical appearances. This is likely due to societal "rules" and their own insecurities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
There was one girl at my high school who was like this and most of my friends asked her out at one point or another. It was only after not contacting her for a year did I realize that she was unattractive.
I don't think this girl was as unattractive as you make it sound. She just might have just not been your type, or you creating a reason to explain why you didn't ask her out (or you did and failed).
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:40 AM   #20
macprodigy

Liked: 6 Times

I have lived in many countries and as a result I have seen many different kinds of people around the entire world. Even though they were young I can tell you this. In all honesty, if anyone tells you that the most unattractive woman could win over any man she wanted with her personality alone, then they are lying to you. As harsh as it seems, there are people in the world who are obsessed with a woman's external "features," and the minds of these people have typically been taught to think this, and this will never change. For every woman, no matter how unattractive she thinks she may be, or how beautiful she may be, there is someone out there that they will meet and one day win over
Old 08-22-2012 at 09:43 AM   #21
macprodigy

Liked: 6 Times

Of course there is a limit to my theory ^^ assuming that we are talking about finding an average guy, in an average nation or a developed nation, it would be a bit difficult for the MOST unattractive girl in the world to win over someone. Face it we are brought up in a society where it is instilled in us to have a limit to how "low our standards will go." If a girl is unattractive or ugly it's one thing, but I mean if she's the damn hunchback of notre dame, with one eyeball, half an ear, and a mouth where her nose should be that is another story.
Old 08-22-2012 at 10:03 AM   #22
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
Why are you all lying?

Of course not... the most unattractive women in the world can't get any man she wants because looks subconsciously play a large role in one's perception of their personality.

People who say personality is everything live in a dream world...

Here's the thing though. Apply this personality thing to just about anyone. Sometime's you'll see two people dating and you'll think "How could she date HIM?" because to you that person is not remotely appealing in the slightest. But personality changes a lot. People's features, if once plain, can grow on you, and it has a lot to do with how they make you feel.

Also, this whole ugly thing is incredibly subjective. What bothers one person aesthetically does not bother someone else.
Old 08-22-2012 at 10:18 AM   #23
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

A really hot blind guy would love her.

Old 08-22-2012 at 12:16 PM   #24
L_Blankfein

Liked: 11 Times

No, definitely not. It would be ridiculous to say that an ugly girl, with an amazing personality could get any guy... even with infinite time resources. Why? Simply put, some guys (like me) are shallow. Looks are important. I would go with a girl that is dumb as a door, but really nice to look at over a chick that is funny, likes sports, etc... but is ugly AF.

Hey, it is the truth.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:18 PM   #25
lifesciman1

Liked: 59 Times

You dont have to be good looking, you just have to look good.

apples12, Kudos, SweetyTweety like this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 12:27 PM   #26
guerilla

Liked: 33 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Here's the thing though. Apply this personality thing to just about anyone. Sometime's you'll see two people dating and you'll think "How could she date HIM?" because to you that person is not remotely appealing in the slightest. But personality changes a lot. People's features, if once plain, can grow on you, and it has a lot to do with how they make you feel.

Also, this whole ugly thing is incredibly subjective. What bothers one person aesthetically does not bother someone else.
You are talking about it in the context of a female liking an unattractive male.

Unfortunately, when the tables are turned they are not as forgiving.
If a man were to meet the ugly girl with the best personality, and a pretty girl who had about half the personality, the fact that the pretty girl is pretty would play a major role in his perception. He would be thinking "wow, she is pretty AND her personality is so great, she is perfect!" whereas with the ugly girl he would already have a bunch of preconceived opinions of her due to her looks (either consciously or subconsciously) that kind of play down her personality.

I know I sound like a major douche, but she asked for honest and I'm giving it.

RyanC likes this.
Old 08-22-2012 at 01:36 PM   #27
adaptation
Elite Member

Liked: 305 Times

I would say it comes down to the company said guy would associate himself with too. If his guy friends are the type that would be like "Quick, catch this battleaxe! There's some mutant snake thing next to you! Holy shit, THAT'S your girlfriend?!" It's really going to make him choose between his friends or this girl because his friends will be ripping on him forever. If he hangs out with decent company i guess it won't be that much of an issue.
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:36 PM   #28
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 165 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris23 View Post
Stop posting that line already, you made it obvious by posting this that you have insecurities about your appearance and this article was more of a confidence booster than anything else
Obviously that was a joke the second time...

and it's not just me, it's pretty much every girl.
Like I said, sometimes when even just 1 guy chooses another girl over you, it's really easy to blame it on your looks and assume it's because the other girl is better looking..
Old 08-22-2012 at 04:52 PM   #29
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
You are talking about it in the context of a female liking an unattractive male.

Unfortunately, when the tables are turned they are not as forgiving.
If a man were to meet the ugly girl with the best personality, and a pretty girl who had about half the personality, the fact that the pretty girl is pretty would play a major role in his perception. He would be thinking "wow, she is pretty AND her personality is so great, she is perfect!" whereas with the ugly girl he would already have a bunch of preconceived opinions of her due to her looks (either consciously or subconsciously) that kind of play down her personality.

I know I sound like a major douche, but she asked for honest and I'm giving it.

im really sorry you think every man is like you.

Afzal likes this.