MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions about my Timetable theboywho2 Academics 10 06-25-2012 11:14 AM
Opinions on my new timetable EngineBoy First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 08-25-2011 09:08 PM
Be honest... BillyShears Gaming 27 02-24-2011 12:34 AM
Opinions on the strike oakster15 General Discussion 88 11-05-2009 11:51 AM

Honest opinions...

Old 01-22-2013 at 02:52 PM   #76
biglandfarm

Liked: 66 Times

Op should post pic, so I can better judge your chances.
Old 01-22-2013 at 05:03 PM   #77
aakksshhaayy

Liked: 3 Times

No this is not true, the most unattractive girl could not get any guy. However, the converse is true. The most unattractive guy with a top personality could get any girl because guys value looks much more than girls in their heterosexual partner.
Old 01-22-2013 at 05:08 PM   #78
aakksshhaayy

Liked: 3 Times

No, it is not possible for the most unattractive girl to get any guy. However, the converse is true. It is possible for the most unattractive guy with a top personality to get any girl assuming your premises. This is because guys value looks much more than girls in their potential partners.
Old 01-22-2013 at 05:18 PM   #79
wolfforlunch

Liked: 1 Time

..................... .............

Last edited by wolfforlunch : 01-24-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2013 at 06:05 PM   #80
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakksshhaayy View Post
No, it is not possible for the most unattractive girl to get any guy. However, the converse is true. It is possible for the most unattractive guy with a top personality to get any girl assuming your premises. This is because guys value looks much more than girls in their potential partners.
You. I like you. You seem like a very cool guy. Want to be friends?
Old 01-22-2013 at 06:50 PM   #81
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
You. I like you. You seem like a very cool guy. Want to be friends?
Justin. I have no friends. Can you please befriend me?
Old 01-23-2013 at 09:08 AM   #82
Animosity

Liked: 46 Times

I think this question is terribly worded. No guy is going to look at a brain in a jar and think, "She'd make a good wife". However, I think an average looking girl could get any decent guy (decent in the sense that they aren't just looking for sex), with the right personality. Girls, and guys to an extent, can do a lot to enhance their appearance. I don't see very many people that couldn't pull it together if they really tried (Got in shape, dressed better, cut their hair, fixed their posture, smiled, etc..)
Old 01-23-2013 at 09:23 AM   #83
SydWitches
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

honestly, I'm a guy and I don't even worry about meeting the perfect girl. I just work on keeping my self confidence high, and being myself. The right girl will find me, I'm definitely a catch.
Old 01-23-2013 at 11:51 AM   #84
Goran

Liked: 43 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressed.out View Post
yes
"Never judge a book by it’s over because you’re missing all the contents that can change your life."
It really is inner beauty that counts the most; it can glow from the inside out. Even the girl with the prettiest face, if she has a bad personality, the only thing people will notice are her bad actions and intentions.

I'd like to introduce you to something called "the real world", which doesn't operate on feelgood Disney movie logic.

Realistically, some fugbeast of a girl won't ever get any guy she wants. Gay guys, asexuals-already you've knocked out something like 1/5 of the male population and this doesn't even consider trickier things like religious or racial preferences.

Ugly people will be judged, it's human nature and won't go away anytime soon. It takes about 5 seconds for us to form first impressions of people and 100% of that is based on looks.

And having personality doesn't mean anything really. I've known plenty people who had great personalities (funny, generous...) and I wouldn't wanna hit that.
Old 01-23-2013 at 12:06 PM   #85
stojams

Liked: 0 Times

I just think that more time won't make a difference if they don't start liking the girl after getting to know them a little ( a shorter period of time )
Old 01-24-2013 at 12:27 PM   #86
wolfforlunch

Liked: 1 Time

There is no absolute answer to this question.

From my perspective however, I would say no, as much as I want to be living in Disneyland unfortunately my reality tells me otherwise. This question tho, is contradicting in itself. If an "ugly girl" is shallow enough to only want someone for their looks, why aren't they able to be shallow towards her?
Extensively, if she isn't being shallow and she really connects with the personality of this good looking guy, then I would assume given this 'magical personality' that the guy would accept this girl regardless of her physical flaws.
See, I agree with many others on this forum, this is subjective, however; only to an extent. People's beliefs differ and therefore their realities, however in order for someone to successfully live in a society, such as the one we live in at mac, their realities has to somewhat overlap with others, otherwise they wont be socially accepted.
If you are walking down a street with your 3 buddies, you almost never are going to disagree on how good looking or bad looking a girl is. In other words, I think that personality could be very subjective, but beauty and looks is actually quite objective. We've been brainwashed to see only certain things attractive.

I hope you enjoyed,
Cheers.
Old 01-24-2013 at 01:16 PM   #87
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

it is always entertaining to read these threads.

if you read about it; its not about being unattractive from what research shows. what is unattractive is being unhealthy. so practice a healthy lifestyle.

for males: just be confident. lots of the guys that I've seen bring up a point similar to yours from the male side display female traits (mostly a lack of confidence; which is something women do not want), which is obviously why they'll probably never see results from efforts they put in to attract the opposite sex. oh and they also look to be jacked and such. but really its just about a healthy lifestyle, aesthetics are maybe 10%, healthiness 50%, confidence 40%.
Old 01-24-2013 at 01:39 PM   #88
SydWitches
Account Locked

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSimon View Post
it is always entertaining to read these threads.

if you read about it; its not about being unattractive from what research shows. what is unattractive is being unhealthy. so practice a healthy lifestyle.

for males: just be confident. lots of the guys that I've seen bring up a point similar to yours from the male side display female traits (mostly a lack of confidence; which is something women do not want), which is obviously why they'll probably never see results from efforts they put in to attract the opposite sex. oh and they also look to be jacked and such. but really its just about a healthy lifestyle, aesthetics are maybe 10%, healthiness 50%, confidence 40%.
being confident=less stress=eating healthier=being jacked (if you put in some work)
Old 01-24-2013 at 04:38 PM   #89
xo.monica
M.I.'s most trolled

Liked: 325 Times

Maybe if the guy is in engineering

Jokes aside, I do not believe that looks and personality are independent from one another. In many cases a persons looks (in terms of his/her physical health, clothing style, etc...) can tell you a decent amount about their values.

I will use myself as an example. Last year I spent too much time playing videogames, to the point where they became the main way that I attained happiness. I can comfortably say that I was not as happy as I feel that I am now. Both my personality and my physical appearance were negatively impacted by the way that I spent my free time.

Presently I have tried to expand my number of hobbies, and I have been spending more time exercising. I feel that both my personality and my looks are improving.

So yeah, like most things in life this subject isn't simply black and white. If you want something in life it is better to take action as opposed to hoping it falls into your lap.

This is KYLB0T btw

Old 01-25-2013 at 12:51 AM   #90
ZSimon
Elite Member

Liked: 311 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xo.monica View Post

This is KYLB0T btw
Yeah buddy