MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honours Life Science? birko First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 11 06-22-2010 06:25 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Biology R633 Academics 39 06-04-2010 08:33 PM
Mirroring Honours Biology when in Honours Life Science mw11 Academics 1 05-30-2010 02:39 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Biology R633 Academics 0 05-29-2010 04:47 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Psych Neuroscience & Behaviour mel89 Academics 0 08-20-2009 03:11 PM

Honours Biology (core) Or Life Science 2

Old 03-05-2010 at 02:22 PM   #1
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 815 Times

Honours Biology (core) Or Life Science 2
How many people do they let into Honours Biology(core) ? Ive heard 50... but surely that cant be right.

What average do i need for both programs, and how many people do they accept?
Old 03-05-2010 at 04:48 PM   #2
demelo_b

Liked: 14 Times

Hey,

Honestly, stay in life science, i love it! The new re-vamped life science has some good courses to offer, and to tell you the truth, there not very hard at all.... but very interesting (ie in research methods, we talked about programmed cell death, cancer and all that quite interesting stuff, and we have our own animal behaviour class with dr. beston who is great!

Why stay in life science you ask? BECAUSE then you can take almost every course in the bio core program pretty much, but you also have the choice of taking less if theres some biology courses that dont appeal to you. Why go specialized and limit yourself to choice? unless ofcourse you plan on going graduate studies in biology

Rakim says thanks to demelo_b for this post.
Old 03-05-2010 at 04:58 PM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by demelo_b View Post
Hey,

Honestly, stay in life science, i love it! The new re-vamped life science has some good courses to offer, and to tell you the truth, there not very hard at all.... but very interesting (ie in research methods, we talked about programmed cell death, cancer and all that quite interesting stuff, and we have our own animal behaviour class with dr. beston who is great!

Why stay in life science you ask? BECAUSE then you can take almost every course in the bio core program pretty much, but you also have the choice of taking less if theres some biology courses that dont appeal to you. Why go specialized and limit yourself to choice? unless ofcourse you plan on going graduate studies in biology
Its my first choice, do you know what average i need? Is a 6 good enough? and how many people do they accept.

thanks
Old 03-05-2010 at 06:04 PM   #4
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Liked: 89 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by demelo_b View Post
Hey,

Hey man will you please let me know, what do you mean by "plan on going graduate studies in biology." I am thinking of either getting into med school or optometry school.

As of now im gonna apply for Honours life science, Bio Chem, Honours Biology (physiology) and Bio Psych. But, im thinking of choosing honours life science over others because i don't want to choose a major yet. I really don't know, which line i really want to go into, so im gonna take my time during this summer and figure out. Will you or anybody please give me some incentives on this issue?

Thank you

Last edited by mcmastergcdb : 03-05-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-05-2010 at 06:05 PM   #5
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaka22 View Post
Its my first choice, do you know what average i need? Is a 6 good enough? and how many people do they accept.

thanks
Yea 6 is the minimum you need to get into Honours life science. And 3.5 to stay in just life science
Old 03-05-2010 at 07:13 PM   #6
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmastergcdb View Post
Yea 6 is the minimum you need to get into Honours life science. And 3.5 to stay in just life science
What does that mean though lol? Just to stay in life science, as in do year 1 over again? Or just not honours?
Old 03-05-2010 at 07:29 PM   #7
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Quote:
What does that mean though lol? Just to stay in life science, as in do year 1 over again? Or just not honours?
lol of course regular life science II. They won't ask you to re-frosh. The difference is honours is 4 years long 120 credits, regular life science is 3 years long 90 credits in total.
Old 03-05-2010 at 07:31 PM   #8
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
lol of course regular life science II. They won't ask you to re-frosh. The difference is honours is 4 years long 120 credits, regular life science is 3 years long 90 credits in total.

ohhh ok lol, thats just in case i majorly screw up haha otherwise its honours.
Old 03-05-2010 at 07:32 PM   #9
mcmastergcdb
Elite Member

Quote:
ohhh ok lol, thats just in case i majorly screw up haha otherwise its honours.
Good Luck man, take it easy and everything will be fine!
Old 03-05-2010 at 07:56 PM   #10
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:
Good Luck man, take it easy and everything will be fine!
Thanks dude, same to you.