MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honours Bio VS Honours Bio w/ Physiology VS Honours Life Science SciGuy Academics 12 06-05-2013 05:31 PM
How hard is it to switch from Honours Life Science into Honours Biology? cmkc109 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 03-31-2013 09:03 PM
Honours Life Science vs Honours Biology and Psychology Mac2012! First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-26-2012 07:58 PM
Honours Molecular Bio and Genetics vs. Honours Biology (Physiology Specialization) kritters91 Academics 4 06-10-2010 07:42 PM
Honours Life Science vs. Honours Psych Neuroscience & Behaviour mel89 Academics 0 08-20-2009 03:11 PM

Honours E

Old 10-04-2013 at 09:48 AM   #1
m94m

Liked: 1 Time

Honours E
I am in second year honours economics and there are 4 required courses. Do these required courses need to be complete at the end of year 2 or by the end of my study period? I am considering dropping one of the required classes (2G03) and taking it next term after I complete the math class (1F03) this term that will assist me in understanding the math in 2G03. However, econ 2G03 is a prerequisite for 2GG3 which I have second term now which means i would need to take that class next year. Is this possible?
Old 10-04-2013 at 11:30 AM   #2
BrownTown993

Liked: 6 Times

I think you could drop 2G03, take it second semester, and then take 2GG3 in the summer. This would be if you didn't want to take 2GG3 in third year, and were willing to take summer classes
Old 10-04-2013 at 03:25 PM   #3
Kudos
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

2GG3 is only a prereq for the upper level theory classes, who are not required.

For your fourth year seminar, you have to have credit or registration in 2GG3... so theoretically you could take it in the last semester of your undergrad and be okay.

However, I don't recommend this. I think the theory is important for your upper year classes, some of which draw heavily on 2GG3 material despite not having it as a prereq.

I hated 2GG3... it was my worst mark in university, and yet I can safely say I learned a lot. Funny how that happens, lol.