MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who else is going to Horizons ?! :) joy1 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 08-12-2010 09:39 PM
Should I Go To Horizons? Desda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 27 08-10-2010 01:38 PM
Horizons thisisje First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 05-16-2010 10:24 PM
Horizons Ethansaucier First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-14-2009 11:35 AM
Horizons Osterlej First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-05-2008 05:17 PM

Horizons

Old 05-16-2009 at 09:07 AM   #1
PilotMal

Liked: 30 Times

Horizons
So, I've been hearing an awful log about this Horizons stuff.

Does someone want to explain to me what it is, and I how I might get involved with it?

Thanks

(Might as well start a new thread for people starting this upcoming fall)
Old 05-16-2009 at 10:03 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

Well, as a first year you attend horizons in August...it's a way for you to get to know the campus and the Mac community before welcome week starts a few weeks later.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Horizons2009 says thanks to lorend for this post.
Old 05-17-2009 at 12:19 AM   #3
Horizons2009

Liked: 0 Times

Great question PilotMal.

Think of Horizons as a way for you to start networking and learning some important and pertinent information about being in First Year. Many incoming first year students are often unsure about the whos, whats, wheres, whens, and hows of university life and Horizons serves to answer these many questions. Horizons conference staff have been exactly where you are and will definitely be able to offer tips and tricks for easing your transition from high school to university that perhaps would not regularly be available to you.

All this plus a chance to get to live in a typical residence room in Hedden Hall, so you can get a simple head start in living with a roommate.

If you are an incoming first year student, and have already accepted your offer from MAC, you will receive an invitation to the conference in early to mid July. All details regarding registration will be available in the invitation.

If you are an upper year, we are currently accepting written applications for the Horizons 2009 staff! Applications and details are available at: http://www.msumcmaster.ca/servicesan.../contactUs.htm
Old 05-17-2009
Nino
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 05-17-2009 at 04:57 AM   #4
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I am actually just finishing up my application. I was planning to apply for CLAY and Horizons this year but unfortunately I couldn't apply for CLAY so now I really want to do Horizons. I did not get a chance to take part in the Horizons program last summer before coming to McMaster University and lots of first years said it was a fantastic experience so now I am hoping I can get involved as a member of staff. So yeah, I would recommend everyone applies for this great summer conference because from what I heard, it is a lot of fun and an amazing experience as well. Good luck to all other applicants!

Horizons2009 says thanks to Nino for this post.