MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off Campus Housing t.dot Off-Campus Housing (SOCS) 3 06-14-2010 07:05 PM
Looking For Summer Housing? Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-05-2010 09:26 AM
Japanese people needed in this thread!! killza Volunteering Opportunities 11 01-25-2010 06:10 PM
Help! (Housing) Greco General Discussion 10 07-29-2009 11:59 PM

housing needed for 8 people!

Old 01-14-2012 at 01:50 AM   #1
h011

Liked: 0 Times

housing needed for 8 people!
when do you recommend we start looking for off campus housing?
is there any off campus housing available for 8 people, near the mcmaster campus?
Old 01-14-2012 at 02:18 AM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 526 Times

now. yes there are.. just gota try one that fits. It might not NEAR NEAR but maybe a block or two away, those houses can def fit like 8
Old 01-14-2012 at 11:32 AM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Most people have already started looking/signing leases, so yeah you should definitely start looking now if you're a big group. Usually later on most of the housing available is rooms in a larger house for 1-2 people.
Old 01-15-2012 at 05:38 PM   #4
Thatguyadam

Liked: 3 Times

ya definately get on that. We are living in a 6 person house and it took us a decent time last year to find one that wasn't really small and should have been meant for 4. My advice would be to look at every 8 person house you can find that looks even remotely nice. Pictures can be deceiving in for better or worse. Also, don't listen do the walking distances as most are inaccurate and based of off google maps. Many may actually be closer than google says.
Old 01-15-2012 at 06:00 PM   #5
apples12

Liked: 91 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by h011 View Post
is there any off campus housing available for 8 people, near the mcmaster campus?
You're sort of late in starting to look for houses. Many people start in December/early Jan. Start using the macoffcampus website.
Old 01-15-2012 at 07:19 PM   #6
Snowman
Elite Member

Liked: 180 Times

You may be able to convert a 7 (or maybe even a 6 room) house into 8. We had the option for our 7 person house, but in the end we didnt
Old 01-15-2012 at 09:10 PM   #7
AndrewS

Liked: 29 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by h011 View Post
I don't know the people who currently live there, and I don't know whether they are moving out or not, but I use to live at 77 Thorndale Crescent, which is a long house. It has 8 rooms on the first floor and the basement has a seperate entrance. So, you can either become friends with the people in the basement if you want, or you and your friends can keep to yourselves. Unfortunately I don't have the land lady's number anymore since I no longer need to keep in contact with her, but you could always go with some of the people you want to move in with and ask someone at the house.
Old 01-16-2012 at 07:47 PM   #8
Charbs

Liked: 33 Times

As people have already said, start looking asap.
my roomates and I started looking mid-Dec... and there were some 8 bedroom houses on MacOffCampus site then....
But a lot of people have already signed leases (like we already did) so I'm not sure what's up there still

Good luck!