MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I haven't recieved my mcmaster HSR buss pass sticker mavimalik First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-06-2013 01:35 PM
HSR bus pass Juve General Discussion 0 08-30-2011 11:41 PM
HSR buss pass Richard Automotive & Transportation 41 08-28-2010 09:27 PM
Mac pass ? sayok8737 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-18-2010 01:54 PM
HSR buss pass Mair First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 08-03-2010 01:31 PM

HSR Buss Pass?

Old 08-06-2014 at 03:09 PM   #1
waab

Liked: 0 Times

HSR Buss Pass?
i just got my student card in the mail today and when can we start using the buss pass? right away or do we have to wait until september?
Old 08-06-2014 at 03:47 PM   #2
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

The HSR website hasn't updated the fare information but usually you can start using your student card as a bus pass in September when I was in my first and second year. By my third and final year, I think you can start using it around third week of August. Check in the following like for more details: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/...nditions.ht m
Old 08-06-2014 at 07:38 PM   #3
oldviking

Liked: 18 Times

Ghia's right. The pass is supposed to be only September to April for undergraduates. But, it never hurts to try, to see if you can get a ride in August. I don't remember, but I believe the sticker just says HSR or something, nothing about the effective months. The worst that can happen is that you'd have to pay for the ride, which you would have anyway. If the driver is compassionate, you might get a free ride, especially if you give him/her a good story about your being a poor student and not knowing any different, and if he/she happens to have kids who are students.
Old 08-06-2014 at 08:31 PM   #4
waab

Liked: 0 Times

thanks for the replies both of you! ill try and see what happens.
and isnt this years bus pass all year?
Old 08-06-2014 at 10:48 PM   #5
oldviking

Liked: 18 Times

As for the bus pass being good for all year, I believe that was the vote by the students earlier this year. That would be direction for those negotiating the package next time around. I would be surprised to see it implemented so quickly. But all of what I have said is just my speculation. I could be wrong, and that would be a good thing, (although somewhat unusual!) Check with MSU, just to be sure, but I don't believe I've seen any announcement of an actual change. My guess is that before anyone agrees to a higher amount going to HSR, they're going to extract some commitments to improving service, like more buses and more frequent buses at critical times.
Old 08-07-2014 at 06:19 AM   #6
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 580 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldviking View Post
As for the bus pass being good for all year, I believe that was the vote by the students earlier this year. That would be direction for those negotiating the package next time around. I would be surprised to see it implemented so quickly. But all of what I have said is just my speculation. I could be wrong, and that would be a good thing, (although somewhat unusual!) Check with MSU, just to be sure, but I don't believe I've seen any announcement of an actual change. My guess is that before anyone agrees to a higher amount going to HSR, they're going to extract some commitments to improving service, like more buses and more frequent buses at critical times.
A quick google search pulled up the news announcement.
https://www.msumcmaster.ca/posts/350
As people have already commented, the full-year bus pass starts in Sept 2014. They already did all of the negotiations.

akikokoyoki, oldviking all say thanks to starfish for this post.