MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Review Review Starter Category Comments Last Post
English 1bb3 / Csct 1bb3 - Cultural Studies And Consumer Culture Chad 1st Year Course Reviews 27 06-11-2012 10:45 AM
Econ 1bb3, Hlth Age 1bb3, Linguist 1a03 waldo92 Academics 4 09-17-2010 10:42 PM
Economics 1bb3 Help healthsci1 Academics 10 01-24-2010 12:54 AM
Physics 1bb3 bilalbagha Academics 0 01-08-2010 02:25 PM
1bb3 Macro ralphd Academics 2 01-06-2009 11:11 AM

Hth Age 1BB3

Old 01-04-2011 at 03:03 PM   #16
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Hth Age 1BB3
Course code changed from Geront 1A03(see previous reviews here) to Hth Age 1BB3. This is a review I posted as a response in another thread:
Click here to read the entire review

Last edited by ~*Sara*~ : 01-04-2011 at 03:06 PM.

says thanks to ~*Sara*~ for this post.
Old 01-05-2012 at 09:38 AM   #15
ongfr032

Liked: 0 Times
is y.leblanc a good professor for this course?
Old 01-05-2012 at 07:35 PM   #16
Phantom

Liked: 48 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ongfr032 View Post
is y.leblanc a good professor for this course?

Want to know about this prof as well but for a third year course. Thanks
Old 05-09-2012 at 10:11 AM   #17
fernancb

Liked: Liked 4 Times
What was the final exam on? Can anyone give me a feel about the level of difficulty for the exam and midterm?
Old 05-28-2012 at 06:39 PM   #18
MacJk

Liked: 7 Times
I took this course with Joshi in Jan 2012. I can't comment much on the prof since I only went to three lectures (half-awake). But a lot of what she said was posted on her lecture slides.

The midterm was okay. I studied two days before and got an 82. However, the final was a lot harder. It really tested me on my knowledge since the choices were set up as

1. answer A
2. answer B
3. answer C
4. answer A and B
5. answer A and C

I would say ~70% of the questions were set up this way...extremely frustrating. I would know, for instance, that 1. is right, but then she makes 4. and 5. sound right too. It was a guessing game for me.

Exam aside, the tutorial and volunteer placement are basically a free 20%. I chose the placement because I was already volunteering at a physiotherapy place (which has elderly people). However, I heard a lot of people enjoyed the discussion groups.

The reflection wasn't at all difficult and I did it the night before. You just write what you learned from your experience and relate it to three different topics in the course material. I could have gotten low 80s if I didn't mess up my APA citation (the list of authors wasn't in alphabetical order ) and I'm terrible at writing.

Extras
1. All the assigned readings were a fair game on the midterm/ final. However, basically the entire textbook was assigned, which had tons of other information. Since she did ask a few detailed facts from the text, I had a tough time deciding which to include in my notes.
2. I left this course until last minute (2 days for midterm and 3 for final), so there wasn't enough time to read through everything. After wasting hours only to have covered several pages, I decided to abandon the text and just use my lecture notes. I also memorized all the definitions after each chapter.
3. I hardly attended the lectures, though I should have gone when there were guest speakers. A few questions were based on what they said.

Overall though, the material is simple and marks are easy until finals. If you do sort of decent (>70%) for the exam, a 10+ is likely.
I ended up with a 10 in this course
Old 11-01-2012 at 12:13 PM   #19
Senchu

I want to take the 1BB3 course for 2nd term, and I wanted to know who is a better prof...Joshi or Gish? Thank you!
Old 04-10-2013 at 12:04 PM   #20
nimanims

Hi guys,

Would anyone who took the course in the summer remember on what day the exam was on? I'm assuming it's the last week but anyone know if it was on the last day of class or...? Just trying to plan out my summer haha!

Thanks!
Old 06-10-2015 at 12:04 AM   #21
MegamanZero

Liked: 2 Times
Is the night class just as easy?

Review Tools Search this Review
Search this Review:

Advanced Search