MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
First Year Humanities Help shay2014 Introduce Yourself 11 08-27-2010 02:36 AM
What do you want from a Humanities/Soc Sci TA lorend Academics 22 08-12-2010 07:59 AM
Humanities luna First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 07-17-2010 06:25 AM
Humanities?? De La Soul First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 05-31-2010 11:24 PM
Oh the HUMANITIES! DannyV Academics 6 08-03-2009 10:48 AM

Humanities I

Old 06-03-2011 at 01:21 PM   #1
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Humanities I
I had a lot of questions going into first year and a lot of people were very helpful in offering me advice/tips on how to succeed (I ended up doing very well thanks to their tips), and I just recently saw a thread like this dedicated to helpful science advice, so I am here if you need any help/suggestions on what to expect, how to succeed, or anything like that in first year Humanities!

RememberTwce likes this.
Old 06-03-2011 at 02:52 PM   #2
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Ditto for the help thing. Ask and ye shall receive.

Good thread, btw

J. Dorey says thanks to AelyaS for this post.
Old 08-09-2011 at 05:54 PM   #3
xxorianna

Liked: 5 Times

Who are your favourite profs? Who do you like communicating with and enjoy being in their class?
Old 08-09-2011 at 06:17 PM   #4
Megan11

Liked: 0 Times

Prof. Dan MacLean is AMAZING. (Classics)
Prof. Peter Cockett was terrific as well. (Thtr & Film)

Both were very helpful, great lecturers and were easy to talk to. But just about all of my profs from last year were great to talk to.
Old 08-09-2011 at 11:36 PM   #5
J. Dorey
Elite Member

Liked: 169 Times

Alright, my favourite profs were Dr. Horn (History 1AA3), Dr. McLean (Classics 1B03), Dr. Brophy (English 1AA3), and Dr. Zuroski-Jenkins (English 1A03). All of them were incredible lecturers, made the classes very interesting, and were very easy to talk to. Brophy especially liked a lot of communication with the class during lecture and during her office hours, so that's probably why she was my favourite out of all of them.
Old 08-09-2011 at 11:40 PM   #6
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Dr. Anna Moro (Linguistics)
Dr. Tsuneko Iwai (Japanese)
Dr. Magda Stroinska (Linguistics)

These are my favorite profs from my first year. They are easy to talk to and very helpful. I enjoyed being in their classes and never miss any of their classes.

Last edited by akikokoyoki : 08-09-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2011 at 01:19 AM   #7
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

Dr. Moro (Linguistics)
Dr. Grodek (French)
Dr. Stroinska (Linguistics - but she's not teaching the first year course this year)