MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone explain iClickers to me? Kathy2 Academics 11 09-14-2010 06:29 PM
McMaster First Year Nursing!!! Message me if your in the first year program as well crumble Introduce Yourself 0 08-12-2010 09:40 PM
Is it possible to go into life science for 1 year then transfer into nursing 2nd year memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 05-21-2010 08:47 PM
Buying Used iClickers Shangrila General Discussion 9 05-07-2009 12:33 AM

Iclickers- 2nd year.

Old 08-23-2010 at 08:53 AM   #1
science4ever

Liked: 2 Times

Iclickers- 2nd year.
Hey there,

This may seem like a far-fetched question. Nevertheless, would iclickers be necessary in 2nd year? I'm currently doing honors biology (physiology specialization). Help would be appreciated
Old 08-23-2010 at 08:56 AM   #2
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

If you already have an iClicker, I would hold onto it if I were you. Some professors seem to like randomly using the iClicker system just cause they can beyond first year.

I had one class in second year where I still used it.

ikantsepll says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 08-23-2010 at 09:37 AM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

As far as I know (based on what happened last year), none of the 2nd year bio classes or orgo require iClickers. Things could change, though--they've added iClickers into some first-year courses that didn't previously require them. Check the Titles website and see if an iClicker is listed. If it isn't, the course likely won't use one.
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:17 AM   #4
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

Will I have to re-register my iClicker that I used from last year? Or will it still work in my second yr classes?
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:23 AM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
Will I have to re-register my iClicker that I used from last year? Or will it still work in my second yr classes?
It'll still be registered to you.

Melanieee says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-23-2010 at 10:39 AM   #6
science4ever

thanks! =)
Old 08-23-2010 at 05:24 PM   #7
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanieee View Post
No, you will have to re-register. We went through this whole issue in one of my second year classes. Apparently the iClicker people automatically unregister you for no reason every 6 months.

Melanieee says thanks to Ownaginatios for this post.
Old 08-23-2010 at 05:29 PM   #8
MCHEDDENITE
Elite Member

Liked: 96 Times

no u have to re-register it each term u are at mac
Old 08-23-2010 at 05:30 PM   #9
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
No, you will have to re-register. We went through this whole issue in one of my second year classes. Apparently the iClicker people automatically unregister you for no reason every 6 months.
Yeah, they try to match it to the end of the term sort of thing because they expect it to be sold, etc. Pain in the butt, but it doesn't take long.
Old 08-23-2010 at 05:32 PM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
I don't remember that happening to me... Anyways, when you re-register your iClicker you'll be able to see if it's still registered right before.

Also, does anyone know if the school is also using webClicker? It's also by the iClicker people and it compiles both at the same time. I would ask your professor if you can also use webClicker. I'm not sure if it's any cheaper, but you don't have to buy the material. I think you just have to buy access, so it might be cheaper for 1 class but for several classes it might cost more. I don't know though, they don't give you that much information on their website.
Old 08-23-2010 at 06:18 PM   #11
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times

I went through four years of physiology and never had to use an i-clicker.

Summer school physics ftw.

Old 08-23-2010 at 07:37 PM   #12
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

I've never seen webClicker, the only variation I've seen is that Hth Scis have their own special blue iclickers... that are incompatible with the normal system (lulz in Natural Disasters, like a third of the class). I don't' see why.
Old 08-23-2010 at 07:46 PM   #13
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
I've never seen webClicker, the only variation I've seen is that Hth Scis have their own special blue iclickers... that are incompatible with the normal system (lulz in Natural Disasters, like a third of the class). I don't' see why.
It wasn't there 2 years ago, I think it was implemented recently. I want to know if McMaster even knows about it though.
Old 08-30-2010 at 09:06 AM   #14
science4ever

would u need an iclicker for econ 1b03?
Old 08-30-2010 at 10:11 AM   #15
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by science4ever View Post
would u need an iclicker for econ 1b03?
http://titles.mcmaster.ca/text/secti...hcourse= 1B03