Can someone explain iClickers to me? Kathy2 Academics 11 09-14-2010 06:29 PM
Buying a Printer Melanieee Computers & Tech 47 09-03-2010 05:51 PM
Iclickers- 2nd year. science4ever Academics 14 08-30-2010 10:11 AM

Buying Used iClickers

Old 05-06-2009 at 07:37 PM   #1
Shangrila

Liked: 0 Times

Buying Used iClickers
I was wondering if it was possible to buy an iClicker used and re-register it with my own student number and name? My TA said it wasn't possible, but Titles sells used iClickers too.
Old 05-06-2009 at 07:42 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yes, it is possible to buy a used iClicker and re-register with your macID. All you need it the code at the back of the iClicker, which I believe should have been laminated by the company. A couple weeks of putting and taking out of my bag and the info disappeared. -_-

Shangrila says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-06-2009 at 09:19 PM   #3
ericvan1

Liked: 1 Time

I think my sticker lasted about a week as well, good thing its posted on webct though. If you need an iClicker for marks in a class, just buy a new one, they're like $25 bucks. Rather than take the chance of a messed up used one and/or wrong code...etc. If you don't need one for marks then don't buy one.

Shangrila says thanks to ericvan1 for this post.
Old 05-06-2009 at 09:23 PM   #4
manu
jack

Liked: 75 Times

I have one if you want to buy it from me :-)
Old 05-06-2009 at 09:24 PM   #5
Moo!io

Liked: 21 Times

Actually, new iClickers are around $42...check on the Titles website.

In regards to old ones however, you should be able to re-register them under your name no problem. The only tricky part might be obtaining the iClicker's number if the printing has rubbed off the sticker.

{ don't stop the music }

Shangrila says thanks to Moo!io for this post.
Old 05-06-2009 at 10:06 PM   #6
sinthusized
Elite Member

Liked: 98 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvan1 View Post
I think my sticker lasted about a week as well, good thing its posted on webct though. If you need an iClicker for marks in a class, just buy a new one, they're like $25 bucks. Rather than take the chance of a messed up used one and/or wrong code...etc. If you don't need one for marks then don't buy one.

hey that happened to mine too but you know I just emailed my student number to the prof who i used my iclicker and they just emailed me the code

Shangrila says thanks to sinthusized for this post.
Old 05-06-2009 at 10:06 PM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

I believe you can get the iClicker code by talking to your teacher. What Dr. Fradin did was get the person to use the iClicker before class so that the all the info comes up.

Shangrila says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 05-06-2009 at 10:11 PM   #8
Quester

Liked: 6 Times

There's an option in the website where you just enter your student id and it'll give you the i-clicker barcode numbers. Then you just re-enter that barcode to re-register for the new course.
Old 05-06-2009 at 10:12 PM   #9
Shangrila

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks guys for the help. I'm just going to get the code and register it then.
Old 05-07-2009 at 12:33 AM   #10
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester View Post
There's an option in the website where you just enter your student id and it'll give you the i-clicker barcode numbers. Then you just re-enter that barcode to re-register for the new course.
Ah, that very nice to know. I like how it specifies the problem with the code rubbing off. I wonder if they'll ever fix it.... but anyways, here is the URL for retrieving the code:

http://www.iclicker.com/registration/lookup.aspx

Kareko, sinthusized all say thanks to jhan523 for this post.