MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lost keys :( nidster General Discussion 1 06-17-2012 02:01 PM
Lost Gym Bag Snowman General Discussion 3 01-23-2012 02:24 PM
i lost Chevalier Gaming 20 09-11-2011 07:07 PM
Lost Backpack T28 Tedjoa Academics 0 04-18-2011 12:16 AM
I LOST MY KEY, MAC ID, etc... sagar35 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 09-19-2010 05:53 PM

I'm Lost... Help Please !

Old 08-15-2012 at 01:52 PM   #16
shes-a-diva*

Liked: 18 Times

1) do i need a laptop?
- No, if you own a desk top computer that's fine... If not there are computers in the library that can be used and I believe I've even heard of such a thing as laptop rentals

2) used books or new books?
- Used are perfectly fine, especially with the extra bonus of the lesser cost... Depending on how the teacher delivers course material though you may not even find the use of a textbook to reinforce/explain the material necessary

3)do i need a notebook to write down notes ? or a binder ? or both?
- You can use a notebook, you can use a laptop, you can use a binder, you can record lectures via tape... the preference is yours, I just bring blank lined paper to classes and put it in a binder at home later

4)when is the first day of school ?
- September 6... Keep in mind that since you have not had a lecture yet any tutorials/labs may NOT be taking place until you have the first lecture

5)do they have or give out free McMaster calenders ?
- I got one for free during Welcome Week from the Student Centre... Someone was giving them out for free

6)should i get a big backpack ? or a small one ? i have one that can fit one binder one book and a laptop? is that small do i need a bigger one ?
- Again preference is up to you... Unless you plan on carrying all your textbooks and binders and laptop all at the same time, the choice is yours