MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MI Chat doug General Discussion 44 11-04-2010 09:20 AM
Macinsiders Meetup: Welcome Week Edition! Entropy General Discussion 6 08-27-2010 06:57 AM
Informal review? Charbs Academics 5 03-19-2010 09:53 AM
DeGroote MeetUp goodnews.inc First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 09-06-2009 10:03 PM

Informal MI Chat meetup

Old 11-17-2010 at 09:58 AM   #331
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by REPLEKIA/. View Post
No, the Refectory Rathskeller is located there. Bridges is in the basement of the refectory, is it not? So when you say the lower level, we assume a basement under the basement.

Bridges IS the Refectory Rathskeller. Refectory is just a clever name that actually means "music venue restaurant/eating place"

Refectory: places of dining located in monastaries and educational institutions
Rathskeller: live music venue in Kenmore Square, Boston.

Tbh, I came up with the name conclusion myself lol. But still. Didnt you see the big Bridges sign?

Oh,and Bridges does have two levels. So going back to your thing, I suppose it would be the sub-sub level
Old 11-17-2010 at 09:58 AM   #332
doug

Liked: 82 Times

OMG

3 hours and counting!!!
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:01 AM   #333
REPLEKIA/.
Community Engagement Officer

Liked: 447 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
Bridges IS the Refectory Rathskeller. Refectory is just a clever name that actually means "music venue restaurant/eating place"

Refectory: places of dining located in monastaries and educational institutions
Rathskeller: live music venue in Kenmore Square, Boston.

Tbh, I came up with the name conclusion myself lol. But still. Didnt you see the big Bridges sign?

Oh,and Bridges does have two levels. So going back to your thing, I suppose it would be the sub-sub level
No, the refectory is the whole building (for proof look at any Mcmaster Map and It'll be called Refectory or REF for short). Once upon a time it was the best bar on campus (my father still is very upset about the fact that they turned his favourite pub into a vegetarian restaurant and classrooms) Bridges is just the restaurant portion of it which is located down the stairs when you enter through the western door. It would have been such a sweet bar, the converted classrooms have such a sweet feel to them, particularly REF 102

Last edited by REPLEKIA/. : 11-17-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:03 AM   #334
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
No, the refectory is the whole building (for proof look at any Mcmaster Map and It'll be called Refectory or REF for short). Once upon a time it was the best bar on campus (my father still is very upset about the fact that they turned his favourite pub into a vegetarian restaurant and classrooms) Bridges is just the restaurant portion of it which is located down the stairs when you enter through the western door. It would have been such a sweet bar, the converted classrooms have such a sweet feel to them.

I know nothing.

-bows to your greatness-

Btw, I think i saw you yesterday when walking out of JHE
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:04 AM   #335
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
I know nothing.

-bows to your greatness-

Btw, I think i saw you yesterday when walking out of JHE
I haven't been in JHE for over a week. I'm in life sci after all.

And I only know so much about the building because my father went on a tirade about it. Apparently it was one hell of a bar.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:08 AM   #336
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
I haven't been in JHE for over a week. I'm in life sci after all.

And I only know so much about the building because my father went on a tirade about it. Apparently it was one hell of a bar.

You weren't in the JHE area? Damn, then you have competition in terms of height. This dude not only looked like you, but also had your height, give or take a cm or two.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:10 AM   #337
REPLEKIA/.

Quote:
You weren't in the JHE area? Damn, then you have competition in terms of height. This dude not only looked like you, but also had your height, give or take a cm or two.
Closest I was to JHE yesterday was BSB, I was near JHE Monday though.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:12 AM   #338
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Closest I was to JHE yesterday was BSB, I was near JHE Monday though.

You have a twin! I demand you find thid gentleman and ask him where he buys his shoes.
Old 11-17-2010 at 10:42 AM   #339
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 422 Times

I'll also be wearing a MacInsiders shirt, so I'll be a walking sign

AelyaS likes this.
Old 11-17-2010 at 07:04 PM   #340
bloodywarz
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 74 Times

soo how long did the meeting end up lasting?