MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
gym pass xiaoliu First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-07-2011 09:58 AM
HSR bus pass Juve General Discussion 0 08-30-2011 11:41 PM
Bus Pass Opt-Out thirdyearboy General Discussion 60 10-21-2009 10:01 AM
HSR Bus Pass Sorin First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 09-05-2008 09:56 PM
U-pass Q&a fullsmash26 MSU & On-Campus Services 0 03-03-2008 07:29 PM

Information for GO Pass

Old 08-10-2012 at 04:34 PM   #16
hamza4000

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
It depends how much you use the GO. If you're a commuter and you use the GO not only from your home town to Mac, but also from Mac to other places, you're better off using the monthly passes. GO Transit has more or less eliminated 10-ride passes and tell all their customers to use Presto in its place. The good thing about Presto is that it also works with some inner city transit systems, such as Mississauga.

Yeah because I have appointment for braces every month so I go to Toronto for that. Another question I had is can we use the monthly pass also for inner city transit systems? For Presto you just have to buy the card and in the end of the month they charge you correct?
Old 08-11-2012 at 12:33 PM   #17
dreamer21

Liked: 69 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza4000 View Post
Yeah because I have appointment for braces every month so I go to Toronto for that. Another question I had is can we use the monthly pass also for inner city transit systems? For Presto you just have to buy the card and in the end of the month they charge you correct?
I'm not sure if it's the same for every city but where I live if you use a monthly pass you can either pay 65 cents each time you ride the bus to/from the GO station or buy a monthly GO integration pass which works out the same way.
Old 08-11-2012 at 07:08 PM   #18
hamza4000

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer21 View Post
I'm not sure if it's the same for every city but where I live if you use a monthly pass you can either pay 65 cents each time you ride the bus to/from the GO station or buy a monthly GO integration pass which works out the same way.
I live in Mississauga.
Old 08-11-2012 at 07:22 PM   #19
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Yes, most do, including: HSR, MiWay, TTC, GO, subway, etc have Presto machines on them. You are charged when you tap your card. You pre-load the card with money in order to actually be able to make a trip (I put on 50/100$ at a time when I start to get low)
Old 08-11-2012
TheCrucible
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-12-2012 at 01:19 PM   #20
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Monthly passes are used for GO Transit, and only GO Transit.

For Presto, you buy the card and load money onto it either online or in person at a bus kiosk. Note, if you load it online, the money will process in 24 hours.