MacInsiders Logo

Inglourious Basterds

Old 08-24-2009 at 12:59 AM   #16
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Liked: 60 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Sara*~ View Post
Ratings are messed up these days, like The Ugly Truth, it was rated everywhere 18A, yet theatres had it as 14 A :S
The Ugly Truth was good haha...anyways Ya I watch *most* of Inglorious Basterds but had to leave after about an 1h 45min through the movie because my friend hated it so much they left and I didn't want to leave them alone...why did they hate it? Well lets just say its very disturbing for some people...gorey...

In my opinion it is an amazing movie...even with all the gore...I seriously loved the acting of the "Jew Hunter" guy. I mean that is some seriously fantastic acting. I want to see the rest of it though...its a little long but overall its really good...if you are even into that stuff...some people don't have the patience or are just not interested.

And as compared to District 9 it is better but its a different type of movie. District 9 was also very good I would definitely recommend watching it. Its more of a movie that people will like consistantly compared to Inglorious basterds. Basterds is one of those movies that either someone is going to really love or really hate...there is no inbetween.

Well thats my 2 cents

Old 08-24-2009 at 01:00 AM   #17
crucif3x

Liked: 21 Times

OH really? Oh well, I'll probably go see it sometime this month >.< sigh... so many movies to catch up on. District 9, Inglorious Bastards... plus a few more I have to watch on DVD... anyone know where Brother's Bloom is still in theaters near Markham? I saw it screening at the theater near campus when I had to bus for Horizons... the really small and old one that's only one cinema in Rosedale Village I think it's called?

Oh and Moon as well... so many movies to watch so little time :( and $$$...
- Moulton Hall
Old 08-24-2009 at 01:03 AM   #18
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucif3x View Post
OH really? Oh well, I'll probably go see it sometime this month >.< sigh... so many movies to catch up on. District 9, Inglorious Bastards... plus a few more I have to watch on DVD... anyone know where Brother's Bloom is still in theaters near Markham? I saw it screening at the theater near campus when I had to bus for Horizons... the really small and old one that's only one cinema in Rosedale Village I think it's called?

The $$$ has an easy cure which is a drug know as dc++. You will be put on this drug in September (side-effects include addiction).
Old 08-24-2009 at 01:04 AM   #19
Black.Mamba

Liked: 13 Times

@EasternHeat
Agreed about the Jew Hunter guy. He was a total arse in the movie but his acting was unbelievably well done. Quentin seems to have a knack for choosing the perfect people for roles.
You definitely have to finish watching the movie. The ending chapter is epic.
Old 08-24-2009 at 01:07 AM   #20
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucif3x View Post

Haha, me too! I'm not too behind with all the new releases, but there's a ton to catch up on XD. And weirdly enough, most of them are pretty good movies!
Old 08-24-2009 at 01:09 AM   #21
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
The $$$ has an easy cure which is a drug know as dc++. You will be put on this drug in September (side-effects include addiction).
I've heard the term dc++ used before what is it exactly?

Old 08-24-2009 at 01:10 AM   #22
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternHeat View Post
I've heard the term dc++ used before what is it exactly?
Its what people in rez use to share files thru the LAN. In short Moives, music, tv show and much more in a matter of secs or min.
Old 08-24-2009 at 01:11 AM   #23
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black.Mamba View Post
@EasternHeat
Agreed about the Jew Hunter guy. He was a total arse in the movie but his acting was unbelievably well done. Quentin seems to have a knack for choosing the perfect people for roles.
You definitely have to finish watching the movie. The ending chapter is epic.
Yes he was extraordinarily evil but wow what can I say his role was just phenomenal and I personally think added quite a bit of punch to the whole movie...and I will definitely be watching it again sometime could be soon could be in sept...but I gotta finish it maybe with someone who will actually stay this time haha

Old 08-24-2009 at 01:14 AM   #24
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
Its what people in rez use to share files thru the LAN. In short Moives, music, tv show and much more in a matter of secs or min.
lucky rezies...but I have my own sources

Old 08-24-2009 at 02:29 AM   #25
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
lucky rezies...but I have my own sources
Torrents?
Old 08-24-2009 at 04:01 AM   #26
EasternHeat
Elite Member

Thats one I guess but I havn't used those in a while they take a while to get though if your studying anyways you can download them during that time...I mostly just use streaming sources now a days

Old 08-24-2009
zango
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-24-2009 at 08:19 AM   #27
zango
Elite Member

Liked: 86 Times

Quote:
Thats one I guess but I havn't used those in a while they take a while to get though if your studying anyways you can download them during that time...I mostly just use streaming sources now a days
They don't take that long lol, I mean... Dc++ you can download a movie in about 5 minutes, but I can torrent one in about 12-15

AND

Honestly this is one of the best movies I've seen. Definitely in the top 2 or 3 I've seen this summer.

Yes it rivals Pulp Fiction, it's awesome, go see it for yourself you'll fall in love aha.
Old 08-24-2009 at 09:57 AM   #28
Shmowen
Absent-Minded Professor

Liked: 141 Times

Quote:
In my opinion it is an amazing movie...even with all the gore...I seriously loved the acting of the "Jew Hunter" guy. I mean that is some seriously fantastic acting. I want to see the rest of it though...its a little long but overall its really good...if you are even into that stuff...some people don't have the patience or are just not interested.

And as compared to District 9 it is better but its a different type of movie. District 9 was also very good I would definitely recommend watching it. Its more of a movie that people will like consistantly compared to Inglorious basterds. Basterds is one of those movies that either someone is going to really love or really hate...there is no inbetween.

Well thats my 2 cents
I definitely agree; the Colonel was an amazing villain, and easily one of the best actors in the film, and I suppose this movie is a "love-it or hate-it" type, as are all of Tarantino's films. It can be a bit hard to endure the gorey scenes at times, but if you can get past that, the movie is chockfull of drama and story.

Hahah, I just read an article about this movie, and the guy who played the villian (Christoph Waltz) won the Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor....AND "Inglourious Basterds" was the only American film to make it into the prestigious Palm d'Or category for Best Film at the festival........:nerd pleased:
Old 08-24-2009 at 10:24 AM   #29
Katia
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 36 Times

BEST MOVIE EVER!
Watched it at the drive in right after District 9.... that movie blows anyway! reminds me of that stupid movie with the shaking camera.