interracial dating

Old 07-21-2012 at 10:41 AM   #46
thatdudeukno

you tell it like it is russel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq_kqdHzEv0
Old 07-21-2012 at 11:23 AM   #47
Lulie

Liked: 18 Times

im in an interracial relationship and so far, its been great. my family and his family don't care about our culture differences. everyone has been very supportive. Idk, my entire family expects that, since I was born in Canada, I'll be dating/married to someone who is non-Latino.

have an italian friend however.... and her brown bf's mom has been a .... not so nice person.... from the start of their relationship. her extended family and neighbours have also made negative comments towards his skin colour/background and other stupid remarks.
unfortunately, the negativity has gotten to her and has placed stress on their relationship. shes commented to me that it would just be "easier" to be dating a white person. :/
Old 07-21-2012 at 12:14 PM   #48
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

Interracial children have higher IQ's and stronger immune systems due to an increase in genetic variation. It is time the world accept interracial relationships and produce the next breed of superhuman!

icecubz, jim1, RyanC like this.
Old 07-21-2012
OldSpiceGuy
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 07-21-2012 at 04:33 PM   #49
Allan
Elite Member

Liked: 115 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulie View Post
im in an interracial relationship and so far, its been great. my family and his family don't care about our culture differences. everyone has been very supportive. Idk, my entire family expects that, since I was born in Canada, I'll be dating/married to someone who is non-Latino.

have an italian friend however.... and her brown bf's mom has been a .... not so nice person.... from the start of their relationship. her extended family and neighbours have also made negative comments towards his skin colour/background and other stupid remarks.
unfortunately, the negativity has gotten to her and has placed stress on their relationship. shes commented to me that it would just be "easier" to be dating a white person. :/
I'm assuming your families aren't against it because there isn't as much of a color difference between you and your partner? Whereas italian and brown are much further apart on the spectrum, and visually easy to recognize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exuberant888 View Post
Interracial children have higher IQ's and stronger immune systems due to an increase in genetic variation. It is time the world accept interracial relationships and produce the next breed of superhuman!
I doubt you have any scientific evidence that proves this. My guess is that human immune systems are becoming weaker because we no longer go through a process of natural selection (i.e. the strong survive and the weak die). Bad genes/diseases are being passed down from generation to generation these days, that wouldn't be passed down through natural selection. Such as cancer, obesity, color blindness, heart disease, etc, etc.

Yogurt likes this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 06:03 PM   #50
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Interracial children have higher IQ's and stronger immune systems due to an increase in genetic variation.
That makes absolutely no sense. That's not how genetics work. Yes, inbreeding causes a higher risk of recessive homozygous, but that does not mean, nor is there any proof, that biracial children are smarter and healthier. It doesn't work that way.

Maybe over a long, long, long, long, long time of interracial breeding, they may selectively be more fit, but even then, there's so few sources of selective pressure against the human population. And even now we don't fully understand how race genetics work. You can't look at the DNA of a white person and a black person and tell who's who. In addition, there isn't as much variation as you think. Variation doesn't make immediately stronger offspring.

Last edited by Yogurt : 07-21-2012 at 06:09 PM.

Allan, Mepper, Swampis like this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 06:44 PM   #51
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

You guys are really good at finding the most tedious threads to necromance.

L'Étoile, Swampis like this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 06:52 PM   #52
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

My mom is a Filipina (Philippines) and my dad is approximately half English and half French, although he also has some Irish and Scottish heritage. His family has been in Canada for a long, long time, whereas my mom only immigrated here when she was a teenager. So I am a product of an interracial couple. Coming from this background I've never had a problem with seeing other interracial couples around, because I just don't feel that there's anything wrong with that. To me it's really not much different than a couple from the same background.

Along with all of that, my girlfriend (of a little over two years now) is half British and half Slovak, and, for me at least, the fact that we are "interracial" very rarely even occurs to me. I actually never even though of us that way until a couple of my friends described my girlfriend and I that way after we had been together for a few months. Maybe it's because she's "white" and I'm half "white" though, so we're only "half interracial?"

Now that I'm thinking about it, most of the mixed race people I've known have been white/Asian, and some white/black. My mom's cousin is also a Filipina and her childrens' father is black, and I also know a guy whose father is from Trinidad and his mother is from China. I don't think I've ever met any "black/brown" people.

Now I feel bad after this post for generalizing people into colours so much. :/ And I guess it was also not really correct to distinguish "Asian" separately either.

Ugh. Political correctness sucks.
Old 07-21-2012 at 06:54 PM   #53
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twelve Chars View Post
You guys are really good at finding the most tedious threads to necromance.
I try my hardest.
Old 07-21-2012 at 07:43 PM   #54
exuberant888

Liked: 55 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
That makes absolutely no sense. That's not how genetics work. Yes, inbreeding causes a higher risk of recessive homozygous, but that does not mean, nor is there any proof, that biracial children are smarter and healthier. It doesn't work that way.

Maybe over a long, long, long, long, long time of interracial breeding, they may selectively be more fit, but even then, there's so few sources of selective pressure against the human population. And even now we don't fully understand how race genetics work. You can't look at the DNA of a white person and a black person and tell who's who. In addition, there isn't as much variation as you think. Variation doesn't make immediately stronger offspring.
I'm not saying that they are smarter than the general population, all I'm saying is that they would have higher IQ's than they would if their parents were of the same racial background. For instance, a child born to parents of same racial background may have an IQ of 100, whereas if one of the parents was of a different race, that child would have an IQ of 105 (although some children born to parents of same race may have higher or lower IQs)

I'm pretty sure research has been conducted in this field.
Old 07-21-2012 at 07:47 PM   #55
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

Quote:
I'm not saying that they are smarter than the general population, all I'm saying is that they would have higher IQ's than they would if their parents were of the same racial background. For instance, a child born to parents of same racial background may have an IQ of 100, whereas if one of the parents was of a different race, that child would have an IQ of 105 (although some children born to parents of same race may have higher or lower IQs)

I'm pretty sure research has been conducted in this field.
lol wtf? :ro fl:

Allan, lgdynasty, Swampis like this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 07:49 PM   #56
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

You've sparked my curiosity.

Do you have a citation for this research?

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

lgdynasty, Yogurt like this.
Old 07-21-2012 at 08:29 PM   #57
MacPack
Offical Deal Blogger
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 160 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
I don't think I've ever met any "black/brown" people.

Yourfiend from trinidada how would he describe himself or his family. My mom is trini and the product of a east indian mother and a black spanish father. on my dad side its a native canadian "indian" mom and black dad . If you go the the west indies ( trinidad, guyana etc) you will see alot of that mix. However i do note that everyone is my family look straight up black now ( my mom did look inidan before , my little brother actually looked asian until he was like 3-4).
Old 07-21-2012 at 08:43 PM   #58
Andrew A
Elite Member

Liked: 80 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPack View Post
Yourfiend from trinidada how would he describe himself or his family. My mom is trini and the product of a east indian mother and a black spanish father. on my dad side its a native canadian "indian" mom and black dad . If you go the the west indies ( trinidad, guyana etc) you will see alot of that mix. However i do note that everyone is my family look straight up black now ( my mom did look inidan before , my little brother actually looked asian until he was like 3-4).
I don't know, never asked him about that - seems awkward to just randomly bring up - and I haven't spoken to him since high school actually. You have a good point though.
Old 07-21-2012 at 11:46 PM   #59
Twelve Chars

Liked: 318 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew A View Post
My mom is a Filipina (Philippines) and my dad is approximately half English and half French, although he also has some Irish and Scottish heritage.
Along with all of that, my girlfriend (of a little over two years now) is half British and half Slovak.
Oh man, if you two have kids they're gonna be one of those insufferable people who say "Well, I'm quarter Filipino, quarter Slovak, quarter British, one eight French, but also some Irish and Scottish and..."

To which my kid may reply "Yeah well I'm half korean and the other half is korean so I guess I'm not as interesting as your multiracial ass." And then s/he will proceed to beat up your kid.

anonanon987, RyanC like this.