MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Code Black! Scuderia General Discussion 4 09-28-2010 09:32 PM
Introducing MacInsiders Mobile Chad MacInsiders Announcements 15 08-25-2010 08:06 AM
Introducing The Unofficial McMaster Wiki Chad MacInsiders Announcements 3 11-07-2009 10:45 AM

Introducing: MacInsiders Code Of Conduct

Introducing: MacInsiders Code Of Conduct

Dear Members,

MacInsiders takes great pride in our user community, and since the beginning our vision has been to provide a open and inviting destination for students to connect, discuss, and share online with each other in a truly 'student run' environment. We've grown tremendously over the past two years and are looking for ways to make the user experience here the best it can be.

We're introducing what we're calling the MacInsiders "Code Of Conduct", which replaces Section 5 of our Terms Of Service. After gathering suggestions and ideas from users, the staff have put together some guidelines for what we want to uphold when it comes to discussions on the site. Most if not all of them you will be familiar with, and we've re-written some of the older rules as to better clarify things and keep the guidelines more simplified and to-the-point.

The new "Insider Agent" student staff team, which we started putting together in June, is in full swing and will be helping to uphold the new Code Of Conduct. You'll see more from the IA Team as the school year starts!

We invite everyone to read it over and look forward to your feedback. This is your community, and we hope you will help us in putting together our new Code Of Conduct to ensure that we can maintain the trusted, high quality, enjoyable experience you've come to know and expect.

Sincerely,

Chad Fullerton
President, MacInsiders

Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 08-19-2009
penopeno
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-19-2009 at 09:55 PM   #2
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times
This announcement makes me want to watch Watchmen again.

syaseen likes this.

Old 08-19-2009 at 09:58 PM   #3
Lois
Elite Member

Liked: 361 Times
Christ, that image is frightening. 0_0.

I think people have been doing a job with following the guidelines as they're fairly common sense : D. Yay MI.

Last edited by Lij : 08-19-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Old 08-19-2009 at 09:58 PM   #4
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
This is great. I hope that people will continue to follow these rules/guidelines, but not think of them as such, rather reminders to help us keep this community awesome and friendly.

Old 08-19-2009 at 10:58 PM   #5
Bobby66
was offline, but

Liked: 84 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus View Post
Christ, that image is frightening. 0_0.

I think people have been doing a job with following the guidelines as they're fairly common sense : D. Yay MI.
Not unless you get a blown up picture of this and post it on the ceiling of your bed and wake up everyday to that image.

Old 08-20-2009 at 09:18 AM   #6
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Agreeed! Great set of rules/'guidelines.' !

Old 08-20-2009 at 05:41 PM   #7
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times
The smiley reminded me more of the Walmart 'rollback' guy..

Old 08-20-2009 at 05:59 PM   #8
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
The smiley reminded me more of the Walmart 'rollback' guy..
LMFAO totally. More savings on MacInsiders then

Old 08-20-2009 at 10:43 PM   #9
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 622 Times
Haha, it really is similar to it XD

Old 08-20-2009 at 10:45 PM   #10
feonateresa
Elite Member

Liked: 196 Times
Can we have rollbacks on SOLAR's incompetence then? >.>

Article Tools Search this Article